advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

Ryan Adams at Edinburgh Usher Hall last night. A few technical issues at the start of the show which led to a 5 song acoustic run before getting back to full on rock n roll, superb. A bewildering amount of dry ice used and you couldn't see a damn thing! Great night though, go and see him if you get the chance.

Anathema tonight at the Garage, Glasgow. I had high hopes and they didn't disappoint - no hesitation to recommend, just superb.

Regards

Brian

Sparks last night. Far louder than I imagined to the point of distortion at times. Earplugs for the next outing.
Thoroughly enjoyed their performance, a class act.

Bloss

Not a concert, as such, but the Classic Album Sunday event held yesterday (Saturday!) at the V&A. Got to say hello to, and shake the hand of, Nick Mason. What a lovely chap he seems to be. An interesting 45 minute interview/chat hosted by Colleen Murphy preceeded listening to the album in 5.1. Got a great central seat, and enjoyed the whole thing immensely.

36753449773_b654058524_c.jpg

Like Whaleblue @ the V&A - found Nick to be rather more talkative than usual, and happy to chat away and put things into context with the album in question, great afternoon.

37399424656_4cd4671062_c.jpg
[/url]DSCF4805 by SPH2701, on Flickr[/IMG]

36776898703_3c64a67e8d_c.jpg
[/url]DSCF4882 by SPH2701, on Flickr[/IMG]

Richard Thompson (From Fairport Convention) at Brighton, then the next morning we saw him check out of the same hotel as us!

Zhenya Strigalev Band. Not my ideal jazz style, but they were fantastic musicians. Only 25 people in the audience, several older disabled people who really enjoyed themselves. In fact one joined our table and it made an excellent evening. Keep it simple.

Bloss

Australian Pink Floyd in Guildford last night with 14yr old daughter, a fantastic night apart from the shocking lack of decent take away after 10.30!!

My last concert was Bob Dylan in Brum in 2009. I don't think concerts are really my thing at all. Anytime I've gone to one, I start looking at my watch after about 15 minutes, even when I saw the Stones and was twenty feet away from Mick Jagger!

Steely Dan and the Doobie Bros at the O2 with SteveS1 last night,most enjoyable evening although it took a couple of songs until they got the sound mix right for SD.

Jane Weaver last night in Oxford, which was excellent.
The support, Protection Spells were pretty good too.

Portico Quartet at the Lantern in Bristol supported by Daudi Matsiko (who is newly signed to Naim Records)

Steely Dan and the Doobie Bros at the O2 with SteveS1 last night,most enjoyable evening although it took a couple of songs until they got the sound mix right for SD.

Yep, really good night. Just a shame the mic for the only bone solo was MIA!

Marty Stuart in Brum . 70 km. drive to Poitiers TGV to Paris, Metro across Paris, Eurostar to St Pancras. Euston to Tamworth ,collected by my Daughter to stay with her.

2 days later train to Brum for the gig 3 days later return trip to Poitiers and home.
Dave.

Ghostpoet on 25th at the Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool. Sound was awful in what is just a converted warehouse that was probably only 25% full (although was sold out apparently ?!?!?). Actually sounded better in the portaloos out back where you could get away from the echo.

That aside, the support act were pretty good, and the snippets here sound promising.

https://eeramusic.bandcamp.com/

advertisement

Back