advertisement

Trump Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
merlin.

here's a tough one (for you and perhaps others)...

would you allow ben affleck into your bar?

as a reminder:

Would someone be kind enough to start a thread about the Democratic Party and its future?

My last one didn't work out and I'm loathe to try again, but if someone else started one I think it might be respected.

I for one would be very interested in contributing and seeing the contributions of others most noticeably our Yank members as the party prepares for the 2018 mid-terms.

Cheers.

Ah the classical music buffs are up in arms now too.

I wouldn't have heard of him because I don't listen to classical (although Pierre did introduce me to some wonderful piano concertos recently that may well have sparked an interest.) It is an area where I am profoundly ignorant and happy to confess to that. I suspect there might be some issues or physical entities on the planet ( of at least equal import) that even you are ignorant of Joe :)

I will ask what percentage of the global population have any interest in Western classical music and knowledge of its artists? I will then ask what percentage of the planet's population watch the news and see protests overseas. I'll ask if a viral post on Facebook has greater reach than this chap's recordings?

Again. no one I personally know has ever heard of him( with the exception thinking about it of the knowledgable Pierre!). They've all heard of Nelson Mandela and Stevie Wonder.

Merlin at the least you should read about Barenboim and, in particular, his work with the Divan Orchestra. A truly remarkable man who is highly respected on both sides of the Israel/Palestine divide. The Divan concerts at the Proms have been highlights IMO.

Thanks Wacko and indeed I will. I may well buy something he has recorded as I'm always open to new music (to me).

recommendations gratefully accepted of course.

merlin.

here's a tough one (for you and perhaps others)...

would you allow ben affleck into your bar?

No Vuk.

it's simple for me. A ban is a ban and one cannot differentiate.

Now that's not to say I would not join them at another restaurant and learn more about their position and discuss Western societies in general. It would be interesting to hear their views on boycotts.

Merlin at the least you should read about Barenboim and, in particular, his work with the Divan Orchestra. A truly remarkable man who is highly respected on both sides of the Israel/Palestine divide. The Divan concerts at the Proms have been highlights IMO.

And Barenboim shares the honor with Pinchas Zuckermann for one of the shortest record reviews in Classical Music history. I think the entire text of the review for their duet album was "Pinky and Danny lay eggy."

Bernie Sanders told me he was heading over to Merlin's Bar for a beer, but I just emailed him to say don't bother.

This is what the UK far right is feeding to American right wing audiences, and they're lapping it up. I assume she'd be laughed off the dais if she attempted to deliver the same screed in her home country?

Couldn't watch that for more than 1 minute as I have a new laptop and it would be a shame to smash the screen in before I've had a chance to use it.

<moderating>

I’m drawing a line under Merlin’s bar bigotry. I don’t want to waste any more time and effort publicising what is I view as a thoroughly unpleasant mindset and I wish to publicly distance pfm from such behaviour. Any further discussion will be deleted.

Seriously, this is the only way I can listen to Trump speeches without wanting to blow my f*cking brains out. I mean it.

Everything about Trump's delivery makes me want to stick an ice pick into my ear - the syntax, the tone, the gestures, the timing, the occasional fake piety, and of course the content. He sounds like a used car salesman trying to be a preacher. It is beyond me how anyone falls for this.

Did anyone catch the end of the Today programme this morning? From Moore's church where they had a drive through nativity. I was in a late running and packed tram, trying not to giggle.

About an 90 mins to go regarding the Alabama Election, very close it seems but Jones has a good chance, a decent course may yet prevail.

In other news, Trump comes under more fire to face his accusers of sexual harassment, groping and the like.

A shameful POTUS in so many respects, his tweets today confirm that.

Four sitting presidents have been assassinated.

Not often the large number of gun toting nutters in the US brings thoughts of optimism.

BTW, the stuff merlin has been espousing is so ill thought, racist ignorant and bigoted.

Just saying.

russel.

why does the MSM not make a feast of this? why? all those people talking about bringing down trump by any means should be all for it. given the current mood, it's like presenting luka^H^H^H salah with an open goal.
Again, accusations of wrongdoing are not enough. There has to be some leverage behind them. Who's got leverage on Trump? No one, until Congress changes hands or 2020 rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back