1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Flickr user thread

Discussion in 'photo' started by JTC, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Thanks. The problem was with the Edge browser not flickr after all.

2. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

Quite bizarre, despite Flickr telling me that uploader has expired everytime I boot up, I've just used the thing you pointed to. Firstly I thought the PC wasn't recognising the camera, but it is no longer automatically coming up with a dialogue box. Anyway, found camera as a device and PC tells me no new files on it. So, took a couple of quick snaps and tried the uploader you pointed to and it works! A bit shakey and a lot of non intuitive options, but it works.

Mull

3. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

I have problems with Flickr ... notice popping up 'Security certificate for this site has been revoked'.

I can't close it down, pops up again immediately.

I've disabled Google toolbar as I first thought it could have something to do with that but no difference.

Virus Scans showed nothing.

Anyone else?

4. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

Just went on the 'Flickr forum' and quite a few folk seem to have the same problemo.

All over the little planet.

Another site hacked?

I'll sit back and wait it out.

5. chebby

chebby pfm Member

I've just logged in to flickr to test it's all ok (after the last few posts here). It's fine.

6. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Any one else plagued by bimbos following them?
    They usually only have a few photos/selfies of them selves pouting like fish.
    One seems to just pick out people called Pete!
    I have had 5/6 recently.

Pete

7. aybee

aybee pfm Member

Yes sure have.... reported a couple of them after which they disappear. Just had one yesterday who quickly changed her name from Ada Lobashkova to Abigail Bootman but before I could check she'd vanished...

8. chipbutty

chipbutty Mirrorless Manoeuvres

Yes a few. Also get them on FB and Twitter.

9. gintonic

gintonic Pussy Lover

me too - usually send them one of my private photos and that sorts them out.