advertisement

The Flickr user thread

Flickr seems to be becoming almost unusable. They hide functions and use cryptic layers and buttons. It took me about 15 minutes to find where the mutiple file sizes of photos now reside.

Here is a photo of my photostream with an upload button at the yellow arrow:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1525/25847834102_65e7b5d79f_z.jpg

Quite bizarre, despite Flickr telling me that uploader has expired everytime I boot up, I've just used the thing you pointed to. Firstly I thought the PC wasn't recognising the camera, but it is no longer automatically coming up with a dialogue box. Anyway, found camera as a device and PC tells me no new files on it. So, took a couple of quick snaps and tried the uploader you pointed to and it works! A bit shakey and a lot of non intuitive options, but it works.

Mull

I have problems with Flickr ... notice popping up 'Security certificate for this site has been revoked'.

I can't close it down, pops up again immediately.

I've disabled Google toolbar as I first thought it could have something to do with that but no difference.

Virus Scans showed nothing.

Anyone else?

Just went on the 'Flickr forum' and quite a few folk seem to have the same problemo.

All over the little planet.

Another site hacked?

I'll sit back and wait it out.

I've just logged in to flickr to test it's all ok (after the last few posts here). It's fine.

Any one else plagued by bimbos following them?
They usually only have a few photos/selfies of them selves pouting like fish.
One seems to just pick out people called Pete!
I have had 5/6 recently.

Pete

Yes sure have.... reported a couple of them after which they disappear. Just had one yesterday who quickly changed her name from Ada Lobashkova to Abigail Bootman but before I could check she'd vanished...

Yes a few. Also get them on FB and Twitter.

Any one else plagued by bimbos following them?
They usually only have a few photos/selfies of them selves pouting like fish.
One seems to just pick out people called Pete!
I have had 5/6 recently.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I've been at it on and off for about 40yrs. Don't really do folk but give me an industrial estate at weekend or a nice bit of road and I'm happy : - )

Thanks Pete, I've been at it on and off for about 40yrs. Don't really do folk but give me an industrial estate at weekend or a nice bit of road and I'm happy : - )
+1 people just get in the way of a good shot ;-)

Pete

Hi Pete .... sorry for a late response .... I've been laid up with a very nasty cold for a while. I'll stick a couple on Flickr later that may make you smile ...... it's always useful when someone reminds you not to take yourself too seriously. :rolleyes:

I have had the cold/flu thing as well, just as I start a photo a day year, managed to continue so hopefully it should be plain sailing from now on.

Pete

advertisement

Back