advertisement

The Flickr user thread

You need to click the bendy arrow icon next to the picture and select the BB code and copy the link that comes up.

Pete

On PC my Flickr bookmark keeps taking me to YahooI don't have (or want) a Yahoo a/c. There is nowhere to use my existing username etc., but my flicky photos are still there on my phone.

Is this sxomething else Yahoo have ****ed up?

Mull

IIRC Yahoo is the Flickr sign-in, it's all part of the same thing. Sign in and you'll be bounced back to Flickr.

Not so. Apparently, since June or July, if you've not logged in, you need to create a Yahoo A/C to get to Flickr. I've created an account and now I can't see my Flickr pics nor any way of accessing them. Yahoo seems to be terminally bloody useless.

Mull

Took me literally hours of buggering about to finally get an a/c sorted out. It now seems the only way to get any pics of Flickr is to upload the lot from the PC. They say they'll be private.
If it ever stops uploading and processing, I'm going to have to go through and get rid of all the ones I don't want on there. I only want pics on there when I need a way of sharing them. Otherwise they're all on the PC and also backed up. How many copies do I need?

Mull

Mull, did you download the bulk uploader?
I use the upload button next to the search box to upload photos.

Just checked I joined 2013 and had to set a Yahoo account

Pete

Mull, did you download the bulk uploader?
I use the upload button next to the search box to upload photos.

Just checked I joined 2013 and had to set a Yahoo account

Pete

I've got something called the Uploader. Doesn't mention 'Bulk'.

But it has been quietly uploading every picture on my PC for at least 48 hours. :eek: This, because I couldn't see another way of either accessing what was already there, or just uploading a few bits. It'll be interesting to see what pops up when (if) it ever stops uploading.

I guess I should have cleaned up my photo files before starting this pantomime, but I'll just see what happens. I've spent a lot of today dumping around 2k rubbish shots, because I was too lazy to do so before uploading from the camera. But this seems to make no difference to the uploader. It still uploads everything.

Maybe I've logged on to a Black Hole.

This all started because I wanted to put one pic on another site and suddenly Flickr wouldn't let me in.

I may kill before this is over..:mad:

Mull

P.S. As I type, it now tells me it is 'Up To Date'. That was quick. I shall have a look at what now confronts me.

I have been using picasa for many years but it will no longer be developed.

So, I have opened a flickr account, uploaded some photos, which took an age, and have tried to post a picture here - without success.

Whenever I try to capture the BB code it disappears screen left so fast I cannot see it and cannot get it back - any ideas?

So I did. It accepts my initial e-mail address and password then asks me if I have access to some .ntlworld e-mail? I think I could live without this.

Let's try:

24921469724_0894d7ea68_b.jpg
[/url]20160212_134617-1 (1) by Derry Boot, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think I have it via firefox, thanks for the help

'Uploader expires in 2 days...'

Apparently I will now have to either buy it, or do without.. which sort of begs the question are there alternative ways of uploading, and what happens to the pics I've already uploaded?

Mull

Whenever I try to capture the BB code it disappears screen left so fast I cannot see it and cannot get it back - any ideas?

Cav
Have you highlighted the BB code and then copied it? If not, try this and paste it into pfm. This works for me every time.

advertisement

Back