advertisement

The end of Mana Audio

Cav said:
Really can't understand the gleeful bitchiness of some of you.

If that is aimed at me, I was having a good natured dig, nothing more. See my earlier comments regarding mana, no glee here.

and at his funeral
all his friends looked sad...
but they were really thinking of
all the ham and cheese sandwiches
in the next room.

laurie anderson

He's basically said that he'll do what he wants when he wants and to whom he wants.

Click the link I supplied above.

Having read JW's post on the Mana forum, he sounds like a man under pressure. He's right, of course; we have no real idea what's going on.

But surely no-one can like seeing someone going through this sort of trouble. The guy has a livelihood to keep up, a house, mortgage and family like everyone else. It looks like all that might be sliding down the tubes, which is a personal tragedy for JW, whether you like his stuff and the people who buy it or not. And if it looks like he's not handling the situation particularly well, then hey, he's a Hi-Fi designer first and a business man second.

We have a world-leading Hi-Fi industry that is based on lots of people like JW and LesW, and they deserve our support.

I thank you for the sentiment 2MB and regard this situation as a tragedy for the entire industry. A kindly message of support for JW at this time, would I'm sure be gladly received - as indeed has my own......

Without proper communication, any business will go to the dogs. So regardless of whether this is a tragedy or whether he has any real problems, this rumour will become a self-fulfilling prophecy unless the man starts communicating.

I know. The friendliness was turned off like a light switch - straight after I told him that I almost certainly wasn't going to buy any more Mana. It was a revealing moment.

Yes, a great album.

I think I have to look back on it all as a learning experience/business arrangement. I learned a lot about hi-fi, and actually, quite a lot about people.

Blzebub said:
I know. The friendliness was turned off like a light switch - straight after I told him that I almost certainly wasn't going to buy any more Mana. It was a revealing moment.

Maybe you should buy some of his damson jam instead?

It's traditional to talk about the majesty & bounty of mother nature (or some such baloney) on the Mana Forum whenever things are going/have gone badly pear-shaped. Like whistling in the dark, they do it every time, bless them.

Indeed

Although I would add that rhubard and ginger jam is vastly superior to damson jam,which is the chav jam in the jam world imho.

advertisement

Back