advertisement

The end of Mana Audio

This is JW'S Post

It appears that there are certain people on another forum that seem hell bent on finding out what's happening at Mana Audio Ltd and demanding some sort of explanation or announcement as though it's their right.

From a legal standpoint the only people that have any such right are the shareholders of the company.

It is now common knowledge that I put in a strike off application form 652a at Companies House on the 17th November 2005 to have the company dissolved.
I have fullfilled my legal obligations and sent copies of the form 652a to all of the creditors.

If any creditor needs to make a claim against the company I would advise they go through the proper channels. Airing your grievances on public forums are not the proper channels and could ultimately affect your claim if you have one, if you are found to be making slanderous allegations against individuals of the company concerned.

I am under no legal obligation to give any further details to other parties and have been advised that other than what I'm posting here, I am not to give out any other information.

I am not personally responsible for the companies debts. I am a director and therfore an employee of a limited company.

I have witnessed the slanderous and libellous remarks made against me personally on the Pink Fish Media forum by some of it's members and where the forum owner has allowed such slanderous and libellous comments to go unchecked.

On that forum I have been referred to as a LIAR, a THIEF and that I have swindled and diddled people out of their money and where my honesty and integrity has been called into question.
It has been said on that forum that I am still taking orders and money off people with no intention of honouring these supposed new orders.

For the record Mana Audio Ltd has not taken or accepted any new orders for the last six months or more.

There are no order forms on the website and there are also no contact phone numbers or e-mail addresses for people to be able to place an order even if they wanted to.

My personal life and finances and what I do is no business of anyone else and I do not have to justify it.

The names Mana Acoustics and The Mana Effect are registered trade marks owned by me John Watson as are all the registered designs and itellectual copyrigths and are not to be used in any context without prior written agreement from myself.

John Watson on behalf of Mana Audio Ltd.

I'm interested by JW's assertion that he personally owns the two trademarks, since these names have been put on products presumably sold by the Limited Liability company. If I was a creditor, I'd be concerned to see any asset of the company remain in the company's hands until the winding up is completed, or receivers paid off, or creditors paid off.

I believe he is right in stating his lack of obligations as an employee of Mana, but I believe his obligations as a director include responsibility for: trading while solvent, preparing correct accounts, accounting for VAT, repaying creditors as a priority over remunerating directors. If I was a creditor, I'd be interested in having him confirm that he has carried out these, and other, obligations to the best of his ability.

Other than this, I am disinclined to comment on the company or the man any further.

cliffpatte said:

For the record Mana Audio Ltd has not taken or accepted any new orders for the last six months or more.

No, but Mana Audio was able to fulfill all outstanding orders other than the one - the one placed by someone who had the temerity to insist on delivery through legal channels.

Knowing the company was being wound up,and that any claim would be unsuccessful, JW decided to leave that once loyal customer with nothing.

Nice.

Kenny, I think if you'd bothered to take a look you would see I had absolutely no problem with any of Heuer's posts nor with Tony feeling the need to warn folks. My problem all along has been the shameful exhibition of forum vigilantism being practised by a few folks on here, most of whom have suffered no loss whatsoever.

Tony, fair comment on the "shaming" of posters. I had not thought of that angle.

Hi Cliff,

"I'm interested by JW's assertion that he personally owns the two trademarks, since these names have been put on products presumably sold by the Limited Liability company. If I was a creditor, I'd be concerned to see any asset of the company remain in the company's hands until the winding up is completed, or receivers paid off, or creditors paid off."

Please see John's statement from the Mana forum:

As I have already pointed out I personally own the itellectal property rights.

I allowed Mana Audio Ltd to use those rigths whilst the company was in existence, they were never sold or given to Mana Audio and are not part of the companies assets.

Hi Ian

To what does JW own the IPR. In his first post he simply asserted the rights to the registered trade marks [being rather vague about "designs"]. Is he claiming rights over the [main mana shelf] design?

If he is claiming rights over the design, how did Mana xxx Ltd indemnify people to whom it sold his designs with his registered trade marks from JW himself claiming infringement of IPR.

If Mana XXX Ltd was given the right to resell the designs in perpetuity, then the creditors have a right to a share of that right n'est-ce pas.

I am not an IPR lawyer, but I went through something similar in the past, and to get the wording right on all these things is a nightmare.

It would be helpful if JW could further clarify the terms under which the IPR (designs and RTMs) was granted.

Cheers
Cliff

I found this amusing

Quote JW "The names Mana Acoustics and The Mana Effect are registered trade marks owned by me John Watson as are all the registered designs and itellectual copyrigths and are not to be used in any context without prior written agreement from myself. "

Quote - some one else "Quite, and your above post (the one cliffpatte has just copied over to pfm) would also be copyright....."

Well actually it would only be copyright if someone had asserted it at the time of publication, that said, its interesting that my post has been copied over there too. Not that I'm complaining, at least a sensible cross forum dialogue has been started.

Cliff

May I request that this thread be allowed to die a long overdue death – there was an obvious and legitimate purpose for it when there was silence and apparent denial, but now in light of John’s public statement over on Mana I honestly think we should all take this opportunity to move on. I can see zero benefit to any creditors (or anyone else for that matter) by forensically picking over the remains in public.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

PS this is probably more than a polite request, I actually want this to go away to the extent I'm prepared to lock it.

Paul is right. We are being fed stuff that is allegedly coming from a forum to which virtually none of us have access to check its veracity.

Paul Ranson said:
Then IanW posted an extract from a different statement. FWIW.

Paul

This is the full statement word for word, just to make things clear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears that there are certain people on another forum that seem hell bent on finding out what's happening at Mana Audio Ltd and demanding some sort of explanation or announcement as though it's their right.

From a legal standpoint the only people that have any such right are the shareholders of the company.

It is now common knowledge that I put in a strike off application form 652a at Companies House on the 17th November 2005 to have the company dissolved.
I have fullfilled my legal obligations and sent copies of the form 652a to all of the creditors.

If any creditor needs to make a claim against the company I would advise they go through the proper channels. Airing your grievances on public forums are not the proper channels and could ultimately affect your claim if you have one, if you are found to be making slanderous allegations against individuals of the company concerned.

I am under no legal obligation to give any further details to other parties and have been advised that other than what I'm posting here, I am not to give out any other information.

I am not personally responsible for the companies debts. I am a director and therfore an employee of a limited company.

I have witnessed the slanderous and libellous remarks made against me personally on the Pink Fish Media forum by some of it's members and where the forum owner has allowed such slanderous and libellous comments to go unchecked.

On that forum I have been referred to as a LIAR, a THIEF and that I have swindled and diddled people out of their money and where my honesty and integrity has been called into question.
It has been said on that forum that I am still taking orders and money off people with no intention of honouring these supposed new orders.

There are no order forms on the website and there are also no contact phone numbers or e-mail addresses for people to be able to place an order even if they wanted to.

My personal life and finances and what I do is no business of anyone else and I do not have to justify it.

The names Mana Acoustics and The Mana Effect are registered trade marks owned by me John Watson as are all the registered designs and itellectual copyrigths and are not to be used in any context without prior written agreement from myself.

This post has been edited by JW/Mana on Feb 25 2006, 02:34 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Tony has said, it is time to move on.

Jesus, 600+ posts.........<shakes head>

advertisement

Back