advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks chaps & yes the speakers are Impulse H2s (x2!) They're fed by: Naim Nac 102, Hicap, napsc2, 135 monoblocks. Sources are Denon DCD 3520 cd player, Rega P25/Linn Adikt, Audiolab 8000T tuner and an occasionally an Onkyo tape deck.

Not humble at all :)

With the speakers so close to the back wall you might have fun playing with some acoustic foam in the back of the horn mid. IIRC the mid horn is open at the back?

Much the same as ever - just a bit of tweaking here and there ;)

24375485342_f119576023_z.jpg

24375484672_f7529d44f9_z.jpg

Karik/Numerik/102/Hicap/250/Gale 401s

(adjoining room) LP12/RB1000/2MBronze/NaimMM Phono boards/Hicap

Mr Tibbs

Same kit, new apartment :) Ikea Besta system, slightly modified to my liking.

Dodge 6S photos, soz. still a few boxes to unpack and shelves to fill.

Cereal, you have done it again, just a very nice looking space to enjoy music in. Looks quite comfortable! Nice system too!

Cheers Tim. Its sounds pretty awesome, better than previous room too. The apartments in a 5 storey mill conversion. Nice solid old building with concrete/brick floors and ceilings.

Its only me who lives here this time, so clutter, kid and pet free plus I do as I please :)

The Smoker You Drink... great album I haven't played in a while Mr Tibbs. I'll dig it out now

Anytime I go back to these old JW albums I'm amazed at how little the music has aged compared to myself when I first bought them ;)

Thats a fine looking plinth Mr Tibbs. Is it standard Linn Afromosia as it looks darker?

Thanks. Standard Linn Afro from '79 but with the (peeling) lacquer removed and several coats of furniture wax polish applied. Not quite as luxuriously dark in reality though as I desaturated that pic before posting.

Mr Tibbs

Whats the Sony deck like? looks nice.

It's very good - I'm not going to say something daft like it's the 'best turntable I've ever owned' but it's certainly up there. It's beautifully built, and the arm is clearly very capable - the Benz cartridge sings very sweetly in it. The motor unit is very robust (it must be 3 times the size of the one in an SL1200) and like all good DD turntables has excellent drive and rhythmic direction.

Sony clearly got something right with this era of their turntables (the 8750 is the one I'd aspire to) and as a result it sounds very fine indeed. I've no desire to change it, put it that way - and to get something better would cost me more than I'd be prepared to pay. :)

Couple of additions/subtractions:

_DSC1973

The Denon DA-300USB dac was bought after upgrading my MacBook to OS X El C(r)apitan. Was decidedly unhappy, after going through all this, that my little Teac UD-H01 dac wouldn't work via USB. Via optical (from a computer) it sounded lacklustre, showing that Teac must've designed it to work especially well via USB where it sounded fabulous. Still, the Denon works fine and does sound very good indeed - through its optical input (from CD player) it's not quite up to the Teac but seeing as 75% of my digital listening is from the MacBook it was a price worth paying.

The Exposure XIII just gets on with the job of sounding like all good JF Exposure kit - big, ballsy, and full of musical gravitas. Goes nicely with the Cyrus amp too (which I'll admit to being very pleased with). :)

The Q 3010's are an absolute riot. If you've heard the 2010i's then these are more of the same...with knobs on. :cool:

Hi Gromit:

Did you try changing the setting in your Mac preferences? Connect the USB cable to your Mac first and manually select the USB connection to the Teac for 'output' (I think).

I had the same issue after upgrading to El Capitan and my Teac 301 USB Dac did not recognize my computer. I think it the upgrade resets the output to the computer's internal speakers. All it took was to do the setting under 'Preferences'.

The Denon DA-300USB dac was bought after upgrading my MacBook to OS X El C(r)apitan. Was decidedly unhappy, after going through all this, that my little Teac UD-H01 dac wouldn't work via USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back