advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9508_zpsyptlbtot.jpg

Finally worked out the pic thing

What make and model is your screen? nice setup btw. I bet movies sound pretty good too :)

Here's mine for 2016. Not much has changed apart from a move to a Melco N1A to front my system, replacing a Mac Mini.

Great to see such a great range of fantastic systems (and rooms) on this thread so keep the pictures coming.

DSCF2010_zpskev9runi.jpg

DSCF2020_zpsizi23toi.jpg

DSCF2008_zpsxnrwtnoc.jpg

Not the best picture I know, but the system consists of Rega Brio-R + Apollo-R, Rega P3-24 and Dali Mentor 2 loudspeakers on Atacama SL300i stands.

Quite pleased with the sound I must say.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
/Orwak

nsLOV5Z.jpg

Designed by Eames, and the real thing costs an arm and a leg, but there are some great replicas around

Charles Eames' chair and footstool are classics for sure. The Stokke Tok/Varier Tok owe a lot to the former but is a contemporary design, whilst the new GamuT chair takes things a step further employing acoustical foam.

Designed by Eames, and the real thing costs an arm and a leg, but there are some great replicas around

Charles Eames chair and footstool are classics for sure. The Stokke Tok/Varier Tok owe a lot to the former but is a contemporary design, whilst the new GamuT chair takes things a step further employing acoustical foam.

My first image post so hoping this works. After moving my previous Naim kit on due to financial pressures, I began to assemble a more modest budget/ second hand system to join the TT and streaming kit. I'm very pleased with the performance. If the photo doesn't appear, it comprises the following:

Windows TT with JRiver 18 and Dragonfly 1.2 Dac
Squeezebox Touch
Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Concept MM
Cambridge Audio 551p phono stage
Yamaha AS 501 amplifier with built in Dac
Yamaha CT 1010 tuner
Rotel 965 BX cd player
Sony SD 35 cassette deck
Tech Link stand
Various cables

Cross fingers.

Del

https://flic.kr/p/D4AYRf

Are there? The real thing is far better made, more durable, superior leather and with real second-hand value. A replica wil be close to worthless.
I bought the genuine article 35 years ago, it is worth four times what I paid for it, and more importantly, has provided three-and-a-half decades of comfortable sitting. A replica would have been scrapped years before. Often, you get what you paid for. Can be the same with audio equipment, although less often!

Cheers. Lovely Yamaha kit, and the Clearaudio looks great too.

Thanks.Im enjoying them immensely. I have them running into B&W CM8s and also Rega Ela Mk1s when playing smaller scale stuff. The amp is a real surprise. Was unsure when I first heard it but it's settled nicely into the mix and goes especially well with the tuner and CD player.The integrated Dac is surprise too, sounding excellent with the Squeezebox Touch. I think it's a Texas Instruments Dac.
Happy days:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back