Rega RS5
ZYX R50 MC cartridge
Tom Evans microgroove
Sonos Connect
Laptop with HiFace 2
Tellurium Q black speaker cables
Mogami 2549 interconnects

ly7x.jpg

I thought I'd share my system for the start of 2014 :) Changes include vintage 1980's Monitor Audio R252 and R352's replacing my old Rega Ela & Kyte's (now employed in a lounge AV set up). Potential upgrades for this coming year could be a Naim DAC V-1 or possibly a Supernait - will see! Denon Tuner will be sold as its hardly used these days. First job will be be to restore the 352's to their former glory. Excuse the untidiness - it is a workspace after all. A rather poor opening Panoramic iPod image, but it does give an idea of the room layout.

System..

MacBook (iTunes).
iPod (iTunes remote).
Beresford TC-7150 DAC.
Naim Nait 2 Chrome Bumper Integrated.
Denon TU-260L II Tuner.
Monitor Audio R252 & R352 (NACA4 & Chord Co Odyssey2).

The Rega kit always looks neat.

Out of interest, what do the foam panels do?

The Rega kit always looks neat.

Out of interest, what do the foam panels do?

They were for some rear ported floorstanders I had, as there are neighbours on that side and I just wanted to control the bass going through the wall.

Hope these links work and that the pictures aren't too big.

And with the curtains drawn so I can show that it is actually a stereo set up:

Basis Debut/SME V/DV20XH/Wave Mechanic TTPSU.
Marantz SA 8400.
Yamaha CA-2010.
Tannoy Arundel.

(with sincere thanks to Andrew for the record storage unit, it has tidied the room up no end..., must now get around to putting up the picture I have to hide the wall mount uprights)

Chris, it's not the pictures that are too big...........:D A very interesting set-up there and those Tannoys do look very efficient.

Marantz SA 8400.
Yamaha CA-2010.
Tannoy Arundel.

(with sincere thanks to Andrew for the record storage unit, it has tidied the room up no end..., must now get around to putting up the picture I have to hide the wall mount uprights)

Great set up, sight of those Arundels get me all misty eyed for my student days.

Marantz SA 8400.
Yamaha CA-2010.
Tannoy Arundel.

Nice to see another Yamaha & Tannoy pairing. Those Arundels remind me of my Edinburghs, beautiful and classy with the cork inlay :).

Cheers, I am quite pleased with the Blue for the moment. I have heard the Black before and its a brilliant cart but a fair amount too much for the moment.

I've got a 2M Bronze and it never ceases to impress and amaze me. Substantially cheaper than the Black and is an extremely fine sounding cart by any standard IMO. The most important thing with the 2M range is to get the phono stage loading right as it can make the difference between good and great performance.

8646027104_57c73166e9_z.jpg

Mr Tibbs

I'd echo the positive comments re the 2M Black (never heard the Bronze but no reason to think it isn't superb) having owned one. I'd started to get a little cynical over HFW's constant harping on about how it's one of the finest MM's in the world, but once I'd got my own example of it I could really hear what the fuss was about. A better cartridge than the AN IQ3 IME.

Marantz SA 8400.
Yamaha CA-2010.
Tannoy Arundel.

Nice space and great looking speakers!

Thanks for the kind words. I forget how big the Tannoys are, having had them for a while they just seem normal to me now. One of my new years resolutions was to tidy the music room up so that it was more welcoming/inhabitable - it had become a storage room, basically, and wasn't being used anywhere near enough considering the system that was in it -, and I think it is finally coming to a point where I can say it is mostly sorted. The bit that isn't cleared yet is strategically missed out of the pictures (maybe ready for system pics 2015...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back