1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2014

Discussion in 'reference' started by Bemused, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faux

Faux pfm Member

There are not enough photos being posted.

Not my main system and always adding and removing parts.
    42.5/140/NAT02/SpendorS6e/iPad mini. (Nait1 just for balance).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann pfm Member

Merlin, the K2's will also work in corners, try them amazing and if you can try them with some Krell's driving them, then move on to the Everest's.

Enjoy a really good loudspeaker.

Tim.

3. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

It's the weekend so time for a bit of an update:

I've been listening to (and enjoying) the Nait XS all week. It's not the most resolving or transparent amplifier, but it has a wonderfully solid, bouncy and enthusiastic sound that is very moreish.

So, today I re-connected the Silvercore One / Audion Silver Night mkII combo and.... my jaw hit the floor. There's nothing wrong with the XS. I can't think of a better amplifier for the money, but the Silvercore / Audion is on another level. It has a purity, freedom from grain and naturalness that makes other amplifiers sound 'synthetic'.

Time to crack open a bottle and bathe in the sound these single ended 300Bs :D

Over and out.

Lefty

4. Oakwood

Oakwood pfm Member

Hi Lefty,

Never heard your pre, but familiar with Audion via Phil at his old place in Congleton many years ago and latterly Audio Counsel. Superb amplifiers and one day I hope to find one at a price I can afford.

Albeit not in the same league as your amplification, I feel the same when a go back to my a21a and class A.

Richard

5. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

Thanks Richard - love the Sugden a21a. An absolute peach of an amplifier :)

Lefty

6. Bracksy

Bracksy pfm Member

Glad the 42.5 is now getting some use.
    Sadly i never got the chance. Hope it is living up to expectations :)

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

I remember the system a few months ago, a very nice upgrade!

8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Seriously compromising sound quality with them all that close.

9. maxflinn

maxflinn Always Trying To Be Logical

Merlin, so as I can get a sense of scale, is that a 50-inch Pioneer Kuro?

10. Tw99

Tw99 source last

For scaling, dunno about the TV, but those are obviously 12" LPs !!

11. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Max, it's an old 42".

The JBL's really aren't as imposing as the picture suggests. They are about the same size as an ATC 150 Tower but are a lot less deep and the curves soften the look to a degree IMHO.

They are a speaker that presents an ideal set of compromises for me personally in the room that I use. Truly large scale but without troublesome bass extension. And I know it's so often said but, listening to many albums I've had for thirty years, these really do pull information out of the mix that I had absolutely no idea was there.

Colour me impressed. I can only imagine what the newer versions sound like.

12. Faux

Faux pfm Member

As this is in my attic I'm just moving things around all of the time. I have an Isoblue rack that I may put up when I get a hicap.

13. yurivv

yurivv pfm Member

14. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Nice Yuri, I hadn't realized the Sheva had been released yet! Keep us posted on these, ones that have been giving me some thought myself!

What speakers are you running with these?

15. yurivv

yurivv pfm Member

Tim,

This couple was sent to me for testing purposes by the official Russian distributor. Since they arrived only today, I have not yet come to a conclusion about their sound. I think in two weeks I will be able to say something about these devices.

I wrote about my main system here:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2286234&postcount=526

16. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Thanks Yuri, sorry I missed it over the course of other things. Will certainly be interested in your opinion of the Clones, I certainly love the simplicity of them, although the Sheva Dac seems to have enough going for it internally/design-wise.

17. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Posted this in the Classics section, but it's actually a new TT made by the Classic Turntable Company, a remanufactured TT based on Garrard's 301, set in an SMD granite plinth.

Besides, it deserves a wider audience :)

https://flic.kr/p/npL66H

18. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

Great album, and a nice-looking (and presumably -sounding) TT.

19. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Cool.

20. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Box-swapper extraordinaire

Bub, yes, yes (and -yes) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.