PSXR
PSXR
To the right
Audiolab M-dac
AS Passion passive preamp
To the left
Michel Gyodec with Orbe platter
WAD 20 watt valve power amp.
Speakers are PMC TB2 + and out of shot a REL sub.

The rack is a Cyrus Hark

A big amp for 2014 - lots of smooth power, brilliant!!

11759638415_8f817edbc7_b.jpg

Goldring 2400 cartridge
SME 3009 arm
Thorens TD-321 turntable
Trichord Dino phono stage
Audiolab 8200 CDQ
MC² Audio MC650 power amplifier
ATC SCL 20SL speakers

halvis, that's a great neat looking system, but if I'm not mistaken the EXPEDIT is in danger of sideways collapse when placed that way. It may only be a risk with the bigger ones, so apologies if I'm being alarmist.

halvis, that's a great neat looking system, but if I'm not mistaken the EXPEDIT is in danger of sideways collapse when placed that way. It may only be a risk with the bigger ones, so apologies if I'm being alarmist.
Thanks for your concern. It does appear to be sturdy and has not given me any cause for concern yet.

I will check it out though.

Same as last year but now with more ATC some SCM40s and C1 center and Amp

Hi Barry,how're you getting on with the 40's now? Has the Atc amp sorted your problems with them?
Still loving the 19's especially with TP Pre and 100 mono blocks!
Regards Andrew.

Elephantears is correct to express concern about the orientation of the Expedit unit. By placing the unit on it's side, all that's supporting the weight of the LPs is those dowel things whereas when placed tall way up, the load bearing is done by the base of the unit and floor. If it seems sturdy, then fair enough, but the way it is just now, the load bearing is done by the weakest link as it were and rather you than me. :)

Elephantears is correct to express concern about the orientation of the Expedit unit. By placing the unit on it's side, all that's supporting the weight of the LPs is those dowel things whereas when placed tall way up, the load bearing is done by the base of the unit and floor. If it seems sturdy, then fair enough, but the way it is just now, the load bearing is done by the weakest link as it were and rather you than me. :)

Gotcha, I will move most LPs to the bottom as an interim measure. I do have a proper hifi rack, but don't have room for it and the LPs in the same room at the moment. Many thanks for explaining.

Gromit - that's just showing off :-0. Very nice!

Hi Bemused, What are those big speakers? They look great!

Roy.

Combination of wood, leather, great drivers and crossovers = Pure sex and sound.
They also smell rather sexy lol

They are Ergo IIIr, affectionately called E-IIIR buy their designer James of this parish.

By placing the unit on it's side, all that's supporting the weight of the LPs is those dowel things whereas when placed tall way up, the load bearing is done by the base of the unit and floor.

In the larger Expedits, if placed the correct way up, the loading of each shelf is supported by the 3 or 4 verticals that divide the spaces below it, as well as the dowels at each end.

All that's needed with one illustrated above is to add some support internally to each of the lower cubes. Any piece of wood or dowel cut to the internal height of the cube, and placed vertically therein will do it, perhaps at the rear, to be hidden by the LPs. There's no need to brace the upper cubes, as there's little or no load transferred from the top member.

Some diagonal bracing on the rear, with thin metal or wood strips might be wise. This will prevent sideways deformation. Either that or a single piece of plywood, screwed or nailed around the perimeter and to the internal shelves.

Glad your enjoying the 19s Andrew the ATC amp once run in just gives that
Extra level of depth to the 40s my other amp couldnt I feel .
Next I may mod the Orbe or get an new AV amp and rear speakers or maybe
Even an ATC Sub

Why your not after a set of 40s are you ;)
The only thing letting it down is the sub on the
A/V side before it was ok but now the 40s go as
Low as my Kef Sub does, so really I need a small
Sub which can go lower than them
I'm using Kef eggs for my rears only as space is very
Limited other wise it would be some ATCs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back