Music Room
SB3 & Deva Dac
PL71 & DL160
Densen DM10 & Linn Kan II
music.JPG

Kid free?

This is such a great thread.

Everyone please post more!

I will take some pics of my system tomorrow (It's 2145 here in Sydney and the light has gone so it's not going to happen tonight!)

Come on UK you have the rest of the day left. Get your cameras out.

Have a feeling I've posted on this thread, but maybe with my old ProAcs in place rather than the Quads.

Quad 2905 Classique: (VINYL) N.A.Dais/Ace Anna 12"/K.Urushi Vermillion/Superline/S'cap etc.: (AMP'N) Naim 552, p/supply/E.A.R. 509 monoblocs: (CDPs) Lector valved CD7T, p/supply/Meridian G08 (just sold). (TUNER) Naim 01, p/supply: (OTHER) Naim Headline/Sennheiser HD650

Have a feeling I've posted on this thread, but maybe with my old ProAcs in place rather than the Quads.

Mike,

I'm sure you must be happy with it, and I'm sure it sounds fine, but I have to say that is the WORST looking system on the thread :)

Mike,

I'm sure you must be happy with it, and I'm sure it sounds fine, but I have to say that is the WORST looking system on the thread :)

Thats not very nice !:D

No denying he has some cracking stuff there!

Mike,

Now that's an accolade ! :D I'm not very houseproud, to be sure, but you're damned right it sounds fine !

I got over matching hifi a long time ago.:)

My humble system, in the morning glory dawn light, more or less from where I listen to it:

DSCF2681 par GregVDS, sur Flickr

Audio Analogue old Puccini SE no remote, sadly black face, and the newly fixed Audio Analogue Paganini 24/192. Nice sounding system. I would like to upgrade first with Elicit-R if praised, then Saturn-R, same condition :). The Audio Analogue would then move into the bedroom, driving RS1, for late night sessions.

I sometimes add an old Edirol UA-5 as a USB laptop interface, to listen to some stuff I got in iTunes or in FLAC, but really not much as I invested massively lately in reaissance and baroque music cds. Minijack is there to plug in the Zoom H4N, just for the fun, nothing high quality.

Close-up on the elements:

DSCF2682 par GregVDS, sur Flickr

The three aluminium boxes are diy headphones amp. empty face is Tangent's PSU, in the middle, AMB M3 and on top a Millett Hybrid. Both amps share the PSU. Both have Tangent modified Linkwitz crossfeed filter.

Inside the felt pot are cables and a Grado RS-325i, not very good looking, as the foam went mud, and I replaced them by cut socks tubes rolled, a common Grado Mod.

Xlrs 3 and 5 pins are an heritage when I had KM184 stereo pair of mics. I check them recently as I want to come back to field recording.

I really like these cherry RS5:

DSCF2678 par GregVDS, sur Flickr

And that charming shape of the shadow in that grey paper cone is a joy:

DSCF2677 par GregVDS, sur Flickr

All the best,

advertisement

Back