advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

Mike, I'm afraid they are rear ported, why the concern?

Drivers are well run in I've had then in temp cabinets in a bedroom system for over a year!

Cracking little speaker for the money. I got them heftily reduced just before they brought out the L2 series.

Does anyone recognise what make my turntable wall shelf is?
6ydyby5e.jpg

Mike, I'm afraid they are rear ported, why the concern?

I've always thought that ported speakers generally needed a bit of space to function properly, especially at the rear. REAR ported speakers, I believe, need considerable space behind to achieve tonal balance and good imagery.

My big ProAc Response Fours, rear ported floor-mounts, need almost as much space behind as in front to fully perform. A bundle of socks in the ports helped a bit before the builders came in, but opening up the room also opened up the speakers.

I've always thought that ported speakers generally needed a bit of space to function properly, especially at the rear. REAR ported speakers, I believe, need considerable space behind to achieve tonal balance and good imagery.

My big ProAc Response Fours, rear ported floor-mounts, need almost as much space behind as in front to fully perform. A bundle of socks in the ports helped a bit before the builders came in, but opening up the room also opened up the speakers.

Thanks Mike, now I see where you coming from. I'm still playing with placement in the room but early attempt suggest that in free space they lacked a bit of bass, so I'm trying some rear wall bass 'reinforcement'. But I'll keep an open mind and try all the options.

Wow fantastic job. Anyone got a link?

Looks like CS full range drivers. The stands I have seen on another pair of expensive standmounts.. I can't remember the compney name. The speakers have a open fronted large ribbon isoplanar tweeter and a white woofer IIRC. The brand is something like Rohdio. Anyway I liked them, until I realised they remind me of an ironing board :p

Have a feeling I've posted on this thread, but maybe with my old ProAcs in place rather than the Quads.

Quad 2905 Classique: (VINYL) N.A.Dais/Ace Anna 12"/K.Urushi Vermillion/Superline/S'cap etc.: (AMP'N) Naim 552, p/supply/E.A.R. 509 monoblocs: (CDPs) Lector valved CD7T, p/supply/Meridian G08 (just sold). (TUNER) Naim 01, p/supply: (OTHER) Naim Headline/Sennheiser HD650

What's your Superline sitting on?

advertisement

Back