advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0108.jpg
rega/jsl/rega

Thought I would put a couple of pictures up on my recently purchased system, nothing exotic but sounds lovely :)

DSC_4112 by Dave_George, on Flickr

DSC_4107 by Dave_George, on Flickr

Right hand speaker placement is a little tight, but needs must and it sounds ok, left speaker is in much more free space.

Dave

Dave, we can't all afford exotica, I'm 47 and I recently updted to Audiolab cdq/Nait xs/Neat Motive 3's - nothing compared to much of what's on here, but I love it and it makes me happy. So don't make excuses! Enjoy.

What Riaa is that? :)

A Dynavector P100. The rest is a 301, SME M2-10, Audio Technica AT33 PTG, Sony SCD X3000ES, Prima Luna Prolugue 2 stuffed with Svetlana EL34s and NOS small tubes, and a pair of 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds in old DIY (not by me) York style cabs:

5815027964_c67d1c8f20_o.jpg

I have to admit I spend way more time in the other 'pfm office' / TV room listening to my Macbook / Sky Digibox via an Audio Synthesis passive pre, Quad 303 and Klipsch Heresys or Sennheiser HD600 headphones. That system is on pretty much all the time I'm in and awake.

Bigger than the P75...

Takes a lot to get by me...

Wow, nice table man! Really ties the room and the hi-fi together :)

I'm guessing if I have to ask how much, I can't afford it?

Ah... thanks spacey, or can I call you Kevin?

Hopefully Tony will be back soonish, so I don't have to wait 'till monday to find out...

Come on Tone!!!!!

Wow, nice table man! Really ties the room and the hi-fi together :)

I'm guessing if I have to ask how much, I can't afford it?

Astoundingly cheap, especially as they are made from solid strips of wood, not a veneer. It was about 180 quid delivered, though the eBay seller (Container Clearance Company IIRC) doesn't seem to exist anymore. I also bought a smaller one, which is ideal just for a deck:

3912669606_2f5d625fb9_o.jpg

That one was about £110 IIRC and is incredibly heavy, it's actually more solid in construction than the bigger one. I'm currently using it under the TV in the other room. I'm sure there are similar things available on eBay these days, though I do like the styling of these.

Well timed, I was just off...

Thanks, I'll give the bay a go on monday... never know...

I remember the associated clutter that accompanies lp's well...

I remember the associated clutter that accompanies lp's well...

Those are CDs on the floor, the LPs are all neatly shelved up in their nice neat poly outers on shelves behind the Tannoys!

PS Gerrard, yes I'm sure that's the thing, though it was called 'Aston' or 'Ashton' when I bought it. I also suspect the vertical posts are a just little thinner these days, mine looks a little chunkier somehow, though it might just be the picture.

I also suspect the vertical posts are a just little thinner these days, mine looks a little chunkier somehow, though it might just be the picture.

This could possibly answer that? you got a tape measure and more to the point could you be bothered?

ALTCU009_Dims.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back