advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's lovely Richard! Did you develop the roll yourself or did you have it developed?

Also was it home scanned or did you have it scanned for you?

Lefty

Thanks Amar - I'm pleased (and relieved!) that the photos have come out ok. I thought the contrast from the old 3-element Yashikor lens would've been a tad washed out but not a bit of it, really surprised how punchy it is.

This was all done by The Darkroom, both developed and scanned.

zcl5fE.jpg

Morning sun burning off the mist close to 'Summer House', The Ancre Marshes

"We walked along the river road, passed the sand bag dressing station that had been built only a night or two earlier where the front line crossed the road, and had already been battered in; we entered No Man's Land, but could make very little sense of ourselves or the battle. There were wounded Highlanders trailing down the road. They had been in the marshes of the Ancre, trying to take a machine gun post called Summer House. Ahead the German front line could not be clearly seen, the water mist and smoke veiling it."

Edmund Blunden 11th Bt Royal Sussex Regiment.

I like that... Reminds me of IR film.

Gromit , I have just looked at the lake on a 32" monitor it is stunning.

That lens must be at least 50 years years old and performs beautifully .
Dave

Thanks Dave - I'm slightly taken aback at how capable this little camera is. Getting the negs scanned professionally clearly helps too, but they're only as sharp as the lens taking the picture. Found a great little light meter app for the iPhone which works a treat, but should really get an analogue one, just to be proper. ;)

Couple more:

Reflecting Pool by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Boathouse by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Thanks Amar - I'm pleased (and relieved!) that the photos have come out ok. I thought the contrast from the old 3-element Yashikor lens would've been a tad washed out but not a bit of it, really surprised how punchy it is.

This was all done by The Darkroom, both developed and scanned.

The images look superb - certainly not lacking any punch / contrast as you say. They actually have a very modern look (in a good way).

If I ever get round to shooting medium format again, I shall certainly check out The Darkroom for processing / scanning.

'Boathouse' is excellent :)

Lefty

Thanks Amar - as you'll know yourself, it's amazing how only having 12 exposures makes every shot count! I wrecked the first film as I took about 10 shots off the first frame on the roll - kept forgetting to advance the film after firing the shutter. Did this several times without thinking so just canned the roll in the end (after filling the swearbox, of course). :D

Darkroom aren't cheap (it was about 20 quid all-in for dev/scan) but they're very good indeed. Itching to try some Portra 160 now.

Thanks Amar - as you'll know yourself, it's amazing how only having 12 exposures makes every shot count! I wrecked the first film as I took about 10 shots off the first frame on the roll - kept forgetting to advance the film after firing the shutter. Did this several times without thinking so just canned the roll in the end (after filling the swearbox, of course). :D

Darkroom aren't cheap (it was about 20 quid all-in for dev/scan) but they're very good indeed. Itching to try some Portra 160 now.

Been there - done that (forgetting to wind the film on). You could pretend it was an intentional 10 shot multiple exposure! Lol.

Portra 160 was next on my must try list. Half thinking of getting a Holga just to be able to shoot 120 again. I still have 4 rolls of Provia 100 here to get through.

Decided to print my 'Mountainscape' illustration this morning. A 13 x 19 print on Fotospeed Smooth Cotton using my Epson P600. The icc profile is also homemade using my X-Rite i1Pro v2 (can you tell I'm a control freak? :D)

40202075941_aea40c9684_b.jpg

Lefty

Close call but I narrowly prefer the first - the central focus is more satisfying and gives it more depth and structure. But I also like the variety of moss and lichen in the second. Both are really nice and capture the scene well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back