advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dave - got a couple of rolls of 120 arriving v soon so will get a chance for a play. :)

99+% of 'good images', is not in having the best equipment to hand: it's in seeing what you want to get from the scene in front of you, with the equipment you have in the moment. Perfect colour, perfect exposure , perfect lighting, better sharpness - mistaking these for just getting the shot is a nonsense and a crutch for poor vision. So too can be excessive post manipulation. (and it's no sin - we've all done it, and learned-from!)

Take pic, after pic, after pic, after pic: and work, what works, - for you. Please share it all with us!

Martin this is such good advice - albeit to someone else in another thread about buying cameras. I've been distant from photography lately, so this afternoon after seeing this I just went out in the neighbourhood round my house and took 'pic after pic after pic'. No great masterpieces but I enjoyed it, and here's one of them:

Orange_ring_2 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

I've been distant from photography lately, so this afternoon after seeing this I just went out in the neighbourhood round my house and took 'pic after pic after pic'. No great masterpieces but I enjoyed it, and here's one of them:

I like that.
But more than that - fun, isn't it, to not fret 'ooh i don't have the right camera with me '- but to look at the world anew instead.

Pete - I like that very much. It's the hint of strong colour, when with snow one expects BW contrast and muted tones, I think

zcl5fE.jpg

Morning sun burning off the mist close to 'Summer House', The Ancre Marshes

"We walked along the river road, passed the sand bag dressing station that had been built only a night or two earlier where the front line crossed the road, and had already been battered in; we entered No Man's Land, but could make very little sense of ourselves or the battle. There were wounded Highlanders trailing down the road. They had been in the marshes of the Ancre, trying to take a machine gun post called Summer House. Ahead the German front line could not be clearly seen, the water mist and smoke veiling it."

Edmund Blunden 11th Bt Royal Sussex Regiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back