advertisement

New Rega turntable

Don’t say that, I just bought my Rp10 and don’t think I have the will power not to trade up:(
Congratulations on the RP10, it’s a fantastic deck, enjoy it. If something higher up the chain comes along, don’t worry about it... unless you can afford it easily and then fair enough. My LP12 was once flagship but is a fair way behind the current flagship spec... it’s still as good as it always was though and I’ve no compulsion (or funds for that matter) to upgrade it.

As soon as I heard about the Aphellion cartridge, I suspected that they were going to release a hyper deck. £3k is a lot of money to spend on a cartridge for a £3k deck so I can’t imagine there being a massive market for it unless they release a more expensive deck.

Do many people use the RP8 & RP10 in skeletal mode, of the ones I've seen in use the outer plinth is normally in place.

I just wonder if the next flagship Rega TT will dispense with the skeletal option, the costs to produce the skeletal plinth could be spent in other areas of the turntable.

Do many people use the RP8 & RP10 in skeletal mode, of the ones I've seen in use the outer plinth is normally in place.

I just wonder if the next flagship Rega TT will dispense with the skeletal option, the costs to produce the skeletal plinth could be spent in other areas of the turntable.
Well it's technically always in skeletal mode, the outer plinth serves only to support the lid, the skeletal plinth sits inside it but not in direct contact with it so the technical advantage of the skeletal design still stands when it's used with the outer plinth.

Congratulations on the RP10, it’s a fantastic deck, enjoy it. If something higher up the chain comes along, don’t worry about it... unless you can afford it easily and then fair enough. My LP12 was once flagship but is a fair way behind the current flagship spec... it’s still as good as it always was though and I’ve no compulsion (or funds for that matter) to upgrade it.

As soon as I heard about the Aphellion cartridge, I suspected that they were going to release a hyper deck. £3k is a lot of money to spend on a cartridge for a £3k deck so I can’t imagine there being a massive market for it unless they release a more expensive deck.

I’m enjoying the turntable immensely but I know my curiosity will get the better of me if they introduce a new one with better features. It’s the pitfall and passion of this hobby. :)
I completely agree, I’ve looked at the Aphelion but would have a hard time spending that on a cartridge when it cost almost as must as the turntable.

I’ve never actually had it in skeletal mode, I always listen to my albums with the lid on to prevent dust. Truth be told, I like the look of the skeletal form but will probably never use it that often in that form. It’s too much of a pain to unhook everything from the back and pull the wires through the outer base, take the platter off and hook it up again and vice versa when you want to return it back to original. I would use it more if I could just lift the outer base up away from the turntable.

I’m thinking of buying a New Rega TT or New to me Rega! The rest of the System is Vintage with a Clamshell Mira a Clamshell Planet and A Clamshell IO Dac I use for streaming from my laptop. Have just aquired a pair of Kytes and a pair of EL8s to have a play with.. Might go all vintage again with a Planar 25 or P9 but What do people think would be the ideal pairing from the current Planar line up?

I’m thinking of buying a New Rega TT or New to me Rega! The rest of the System is Vintage with a Clamshell Mira a Clamshell Planet and A Clamshell IO Dac I use for streaming from my laptop. Have just aquired a pair of Kytes and a pair of EL8s to have a play with.. Might go all vintage again with a Planar 25 or P9 but What do people think would be the ideal pairing from the current Planar line up?

A P9/Ania and you are sorted. :D

Deffo the nai or whatever the top of the range model is called as Paul MEssenger reviews b and w speakers in hi fi plus and says rega dropped off the turntable......

I confess I always liked the looks of the Planar 25 above anything else they've done. If I were ever to scratch my 'back to vinyl' itch that's probably what I'd be looking at (heart over head dept). That said, a friend whose ears I generally trust has just bought a Planar 6 and reckons it wipes the floor with everything south of 2 grand.

Perhaps turntable years are like dog years, in which case 2 decades is a very long time indeed.

I confess I always liked the looks of the Planar 25 above anything else they've done. If I were ever to scratch my 'back to vinyl' itch that's probably what I'd be looking at (heart over head dept). That said, a friend whose ears I generally trust has just bought a Planar 6 and reckons it wipes the floor with everything south of 2 grand.

Perhaps turntable years are like dog years, in which case 2 decades is a very long time indeed.
the P6 does look nice! I dislike the glossy finish on everything else so it would probably be the only modern Rega in the running!

advertisement

Back