advertisement

New Rega turntable

Ptah

pfm Member
'The Sound and Vision Show 2018 will be the showcase for a world exclusive reveal of a new Rega turntable. This brand-new product will be a welcome addition to an already multi-award winning range. Be the first to hear this new turntable with a complete Rega system. '

Planar 8, probably....

Seeing as the Planar 6 was released not too long ago, I wouldn't have thought the 8 would be ready to go so quickly (my guess would have been the end of this year or start of next for it). Maybe just a special edition of a table that is already out? Unless the new 8 isn't seeing that many upgrades vs the current model.....

Good question. I suspect a lot of the issue is to do with the predicted retail price. 30K is a lot of money for a Rega .... Rega are also in the enviable position of not actually needing to produce it, thelr product range is already a success without the need for another product. Finally, I’ve designed and made a number of turntable parts and making one (or two) is very different to making the same part many times to a consistent price and without loads of castoffs.

Last edited:
Good question. I suspect a lot of the issue is to do with the predicted retail price. 30K is a lot of money for a Rega .... Rega are also in the enviable position of not actually needing to produce it, thelr product range is already a success without the need for another product.

I can see it just being used as halo development mule. Like you say, £30k isn't really Rega territory given that their reference CD & Amp are around 5 times less than that.

No mention of the RP8/Neo as standard on the Rega website :confused:
No, they haven't exactly made a fuss about it but they're no longer producing the TT PSU MK2 so the RP8 now comes with the Neo.

It'll be interesting to see what they release for sure, the RP8 already has a Skeletal plinth, metal sub-platter, multilayer platter, premium arm and now the Neo PSU... if they are replacing the RP8 then I'd expect a new arm (RB880 ?)... not sure what else they could do. I'd like to see a new arm in a silver finish, I do miss the silver finish that previous upper mid level Rega arms had, I think my RB700 looks way better.

I'm guessing Planar 8 (or equivalant under different name) too. RB880 taking advantage of the latest casting and the HPL (high pressure laminate) skin from the P6 for higher rigidity.

I might be wrong but do not think its a low or mid end TT, the Planar 1,2,3,6 all just very recent

If not a replacement for RP10/8 (Planar 9/12 ?) then its something more up the hiearchy

Isn’t the RP10
I might be wrong but do not think its a low or mid end TT, the Planar 1,2,3,6 all just very recent

If not a replacement for RP10/8 (Planar 9/12 ?) then its something more up the hiearchy
My guess it's the RP10 replacement...

I wouldn’t be too surprised given that they have a £3k cartridge in their range.

advertisement

Back