advertisement

New Naim Audio product. Uniti Nova Power Edition

I've been very happy with my Devialet 250 for the past decade, so nothing wrong with a hybrid A/D one box solution.
FWIW it was better than a Naim 6 box 252/300 set up and has been far far easier to live with over the past decade, let alone the lack of recap costs....

Yep, Naim are going down the pan for sure... turnover has only increased again by £4m in the last set of accounts and profits are only nearly £5m up another £1m... they're ****ed ... lol!

Why do so many posters who claim to never want a Naim product then moan about the price of them... bizarre (being polite there).

I’m not moaning about Naim as such Tiggers, I have an Atom and a Nait 50, as well as owning SuperUniti and a few Qutes and 155/152/DAC etc previously. I don’t personally buy into their higher end stuff as I believe a lot better can be bought elsewhere.
For me it’s pure frustration that I want them to do well, It would have been perfect timing to release either a Nova 2 or SuperNova with a performance uplift/overhaul of the internals. This would have been a springboard for the Uniti range for the next 6/7 years, but they do something (in my view dumb) and release this. If they update the Uniti range in the next 2/3 years it would be pretty annoying that your nigh on £9,000 box is now out of date, where as with upgraded internals it could have led the Uniti 2 range for the foreseeable future. Just my two penneth anyway.

I’m not moaning about Naim as such Tiggers, I have an Atom and a Nait 50, as well as owning SuperUniti and a few Qutes and 155/152/DAC etc previously. I don’t personally buy into their higher end stuff as I believe a lot better can be bought elsewhere.
For me it’s pure frustration that I want them to do well, It would have been perfect timing to release either a Nova 2 or SuperNova with a performance uplift/overhaul of the internals. This would have been a springboard for the Uniti range for the next 6/7 years, but they do something (in my view dumb) and release this. If they update the Uniti range in the next 2/3 years it would be pretty annoying that your nigh on £9,000 box is now out of date, where as with upgraded internals it could have led the Uniti 2 range for the foreseeable future. Just my two penneth anyway.

Sorry, it wasn't aimed at any individual... the thing is they are doing well... that's kind of my point. I used to be a Naim fan and user, but the latest stuff has gone away from my taste and to be honest affordability. I love the Olive era and the early black box products, but the last decade has seen them move in a different direction and not one that works for me, but I still wish them well and I hope those that buy their products get as much enjoyment out of them as I did mine. I think many in here want them to be like they were in the late 70s/early 80s, but they'd be out of business if they were ... like so many other hi-fi companies that were popular back then.

What would render this new Nova so out of date you'd somehow feel compelled to change it for a new model? Seems to me Naim have a pretty good track record in producing kit that sells and makes them a profit.

Nothing per se Tony, but with the current Uniti range being untouched for so many years I would imagine there could be quite an enhancement sound quality wise with a pretty basic refresh. I understand the reasoning of the Nova PE, it just surely deserves to get enhancements in other areas considering how old the technology now is. I just feel as though Naim have missed a huge opportunity. Roll out the new flagship product of the Uniti range and filter down the new enhancements to the other Uniti products over the next 9-12 months. But hey, I’m sure they know better than me.

No doubt naims turnover and profit is up, look at what they are charging. The question is are they actually enticing anyone new into the market, or just wringing the last ounce out of those already in? 4 extra grand for class D. I don't understand.

There’s plenty of precedent elsewhere for Class D amplification products in this price category and beyond. Naim is doing nothing here that’s any different than several other manufacturers really.

advertisement

Back