advertisement

NAIM Shoebox case from AudioFlat

Les has quite a stock of the paint finish? I don't think he has. I think you mean the black plastic used for the CB fascias - he does have a load of that I know.

Les has quite a stock of the paint finish? I don't think he has. I think you mean the black plastic used for the CB fascias - he does have a load of that I know.

I'm afraid you are mistaken in one part. Les had made 45 kilos specially to powder coat his cases. It looks identical to the newest naim cases. You are right to say that he also has the CB plastic fascia material by the square yard.

Rexel

I'm afraid you are mistaken in one part. Les had made 45 kilos specially to powder coat his cases. It looks identical to the newest naim cases. You are right to say that he also has the CB plastic fascia material by the square yard.

Rexel

Thing is that we want the manufacturer of the cases to deliver 1000 sprayed NAIM shoebox cases. While Les might have the paint the logistics are just too painful.

Thanks anyway.

Les had made 45 kilos specially to powder coat his cases.

Oh has he - well one lives and learns. I must say, I've never heard of a customer providing their own powder coat before but there we go.

Anyway, as Andrew states, it is unlikely to be practical in this situation.

Andrew, how much for just the sleds that go into the shoeboxes? I'm imagining rotating projects into the same case, so I'll be looking for more sleds than boxes.

I have had to send the case off to a paint finisherr as the supplier of the new extrusions can't find a 100% match.

And I thought the paint finish would be easy.................

Lets see what happens.

Andrew.

Hooray.

Those great guys at NAIM have given me the exact spec of the paint used. I have sent this onto the paint company. Lets see what happens.

Andrew.

Update:-

Some painted samples in the post to me. They have used the exact paint and process used by NAIM for shoebox cases. The paint shop consulted with the paint manufacturer on this! So hopefully wont be long now for cases to be available. Inner tray available a short while after, but not much.

Andrew.

Hooray!

I have received a paint sample from the supplier and its a 100% spot on match; as it should be because its the same paint and technique that NAIM used (or their painters did!).

Not long now folks!

Andrew.

Getting the supplier to paint a full case, not just a sample, then I'll take lots of pics.

Must say its perfect. There is going to be the issue of comparing a newly painted case to a 20+ years old slightly faded one but the texture is 100%.

Andrew.

advertisement

Back