advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Fcuk it. Deserved something out of that.
One of my pet hates is a defender who turns his back on a shot. The last goal could've definitely been prevented if the defender hadn't turned his back. The second one maybe too.

Still, you won the first half, more than my lot did on Sunday

Palace were excellent in the first half and took advantage of a debatable free kick to go 2-0 ahead in the second half. This had the outcome of waking United up.

Good substitutions and a concern that they would be feeling Jose’s wrath if they didn’t get their finger out may have caused United to go for it. A more deserving score line would have been 2-2, the same as that when Cantona got a little wound up. But I’m grateful for all three points.

Playing as they did tonight and against Spurs I can’t see Palace being relegated. I reckon they’ll end up around 12th and could do well next season if they hold on to Hodgson. They’re a fine team.

I think Palace could go, losing is a habit. Great effort tonight tho Utd were shocking first half

Palace have a difficult run of games at the moment, Chelsea, Liverpool and the mighty Seagulls still to come.

Their last two games are against Stoke and West Brom which could be crucial.

Though it pains me to say this, I think they will be safe (just).

Palace are in obvious danger for two reasons, injuries to Cabaye, Cheek, Dann, Zaha , Sakho, Ward and others plus dreadful inactivity during transfer windows....just one striker and only two goalkeepers including Hennessey who many fans think is the worst keeper in the PL in the squad and Speroni now 38/39 and injured. Palace are in a run of tough fixtures but our run in is not too bad so hope still exists!!!!!!!

Are City the best team in Europe, I think so. Can they win the CL this year, I think so. I am not a City fan.

I’m a City fan.

The current City team are the best in Europe on their day, but don’t quite have the consistent killer edge to make me confident they’d see off Real or Barca over two legs. Anyone else, no problem.

I don’t think City will win it this year.

Real have nothing else to go for this season, I think they will win it.

Pep’s team strengthening in the summer will make the squad better prepared for a tilt at the Champions’ League next season.

I think they have shown more consistency this season than previously, just look at the league. Real v City CL final would be something, but I'd bet on City.

A dead rubber
A team full of 21/22 year olds getting a run out apart from Bravo and Toure
Already through

Who cares!

But after tonight I’m adding Juve to Real as my favourites.

Same old, same old.

advertisement

Back