advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you located in Europe? I'd prefer to keep the beta units "Local" encase we have a design issues and they need to be returned to us in Czech for rework.

There is a single Beta unit remaining - if your EU based then PM your PayPal account details and I'll forward an invoice (please state which country so I ship the correct AC adapter).....

Cool - i am in the uk. i have just "started a conversation" with you (i presumed this is the same as a PM) - and sent you my paypal address.

Thanks

Richard

I had a frighting thought that I had not actually tested the MiniStreamer with the original MDAC (and its USB1.1 port)!!! With all the designs in development floating around the lab, I rarely use an original MDAC.

So I've dusted off MDAC and can confirm it works well with the MiniStreamer - but obviously only to 96KHz which is limited by the MDAC USB port.

Arh its you Geoff - yes for SURE :) I did FB message you back asking for your PFM name as I'd to limit the FB group to PFM'ers at this time :)

Done....

I had a frighting thought that I had not actually tested the MiniStreamer with the original MDAC (and its USB1.1 port)!!! With all the designs in development floating around the lab, I rarely use an original MDAC.

So I've dusted off MDAC and can confirm it works well with the MiniStreamer - but obviously only to 96KHz which is limited by the MDAC USB port.

You should see Cisco systems testing department, where they test product against both current and legacy equipment.
Aircraft hangers full of stuff :eek:

So, am I correct in thinking that this project has migrated off to the iffy world of Facebook? Hmmmmm....

Not really.

Weekly (or thereabouts) updates here as before. Snapshots and occasional happenings over there if you need to be bang up to date, but entirely optional.

(You can join without a full profile, affiliate to the Lakewest Audio group, treat it as 'read only' and leave no other traces if you so wish.)

On a different tack, having just established that the little Myryad pre-amp/HP amp is a significant improvement over the MDAC's internal one, I'd be intrigued to know just how much 'better' it really is (more space + bigger budget = greater scope) and how much is simply down to it's having a completely separate psu/ lower noise floor.
(Having multiple inputs, it would obviously satisfy the need for an analogue connection that some have mentioned. XLRs then cease to be an option, but this appears not to be that big an issue.)

John,

No, but theirs more regular updates on Facebook as I can easily post pictures / videos something I cannot do on PFM... also, it seem easier to communicate via FB, with more "short" messages.

Ta John, yes its me, now on Facebook, my grandson has been pissing himself about it

Yep - all my kids are say "I cannot believe your on FB now" - well I'm not really... I don't have much to say outside of the Lakewest going ons'...

I'm guess a firmware flash is the best course of action? Or better to leave it, as the amp works, just this odd issue and occasionally it will crash on the menu doing this. I don't want to brick it.

(BTW - the flicker is in the camera - not visible to the eye)

Thank you for posting the Video, I've never seen the issue before - you could try a reset to see if this helps (Its in the Manual, but IIRC you hold Select Up and Down together during power up)...

Yep - all my kids are say "I cannot believe your on FB now" - well I'm not really... I don't have much to say outside of the Lakewest going ons'...
yea he is paying me back for years of winding him up about his phone, just trying to dodge my sister in law now.

Yeah! - Holding up and down arrows did the trick it seems.

I have got a video of the reset issue, which was the more serious problem.
I'll post as soon as possible, (YouTube is slow these days).

Thanks as always John!

This only started a month ago, I suspect it was a mains glitch, as my UPS did kick in around then, though I've only got my PC / NAS / Routers on UPS.

I'm not really sure UPS power is good for Hi-Fi, since I don't know if the AC wave from an inverter is the same as true mains?

I've not been following this thread for ages - what's happened in terms of the M-DAC 2 etc, last time I read anything you were finishing off the design. I know Audiolab seem to have been busy bringing out new stuff (no doubt getting ideas from here).

Anyhow - I've been really happy with the M-DAC these last 5 years. :D

No. I've been trying my subwoofer out in an exiting new colour.

2sfSVYyE8kboVPCbvBUb5ElaNqtizyetfd99qO5xcRvduQypkmP5LcxRbousaEwbKt4ngmp_uzKAR7eHaODeIkTldmG8-r9Kg3KEt7zc1Lon_x5lhMVJjV6SEaQxb8HoAO1Ixwt5HxJR68YmMCds_hNX-R3DRT2vBghth6EV8Y5-UJX6buFGC_2DgnSc7mD95aRaYQgqfycFYSsR6Nn9K4Ku09-SbKDVDqbfBsNgRVcdLx9UvZJc8kvEKBYOo5IUqShWaQSLeKZI9mzceBlQrM7fO59Sr4SqsXTUrQlNBTK50rDXJKx53J2AtIyVX02SKLN_WHFPxhyrT-oFbdo2B3oegeK5xsHFGshf3Ozk7jEwrJLqXb1aUAtni4klRJK2B2yO44Yi-1AYF7RV6t5-zGijPTc0k3VG_PK6Apd41RrOr-vKFSO-lUNHGarzq6RGaADLDFquiTD1uoN_6p0Ju8F-wuG6urMctg_R2S2odLvHq54LlBoCZoXziNdD3NjAnLuXyPqp-qx8OUJg2sVa2oSjtK2NcdpBzbAhezjmB7u0sncwTZyp0xA1U3mAlO6RIUeYu9g6pA-g3K3OTXYjSXMI38Nkr_QpOYr5_Sg=w498-h663-no

GCrnhIuVwsNiEyrRlUlcrXxsyuF1EJkHH1RBRiaSA6A5JplNoweeLK8OcXOloIdMaOw_kncwv8dS3XnBhOg-Hh1H1dSAo_Noty3TjKiABNs7ZjwdnPx-_eTBwOkhJzggOhYuxSnPEmy2bWsJ6u7jaXunIzfcj_rsijIdnwbrIZYwOm8oXtGrrKl4EKOJm6olqdqva__NzL4gjNW_CX6_No_jP6LgCMqtsubXfItV61yR_s4FaJcF0HtrcTjjBc5rbVGiXvkj17JIwl7T0p6JipTm9RZsHU6lA8GfwDtMr3jf6VHPd0wj_20NoKL9Jv-KQVoFtZeBmPJaUqapYsxmBNwI-1lBjJ896pSzLSGj-I4r4Q-eELgDknFm5YKIM9DSjifqnfTZAItIKGbKIcbKZGWxLPnJLLa5c1F8q9s0ODyVD-3gii4FouycETX0E5SitQQ7ITh51okRKsXS4bKCWPXxdg8CEt81BHGas7120blrkN2ZZWuzgo-BsEmrRGP5rOUWuC4CtC9BzxybwkR8pE3GtamLFka3mA6p5i9mIyGjma_SYC8ui8VDI1Ak7CHeHdjx9IVktIZW2JXGlIkdsaHUQzVzfywB-OBxo-A=w498-h663-no

And as an open baffle dipole rather than the ported box it was before.

Using dipole ESL's it occurred to me that a dipole sub may integrate better.

Only around 8 hours work to try such and it may not be to my liking but better to have tried and failed etc.

What advances have you attempted to further your audio experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back