advertisement

Kii Three Review

Not sure why you write this.

KR has already reviewed the Beolabs in an earlier issue - that review is online too - so it is a straightforward matter to read what he thinks about each speaker. Atkinson did the measurements for both, although in-room response for the Kii has not (yet?) been published, so again it is a simple matter for the reader to compare.

BTW, by far the best speaker I have heard to date is the Beolab 90. If the Kii is is the same class, it must be quite something.

Great review: what I couldn't understand in "comparisons", is that he says that the closest thing to compare to would be the Beolab 90's (albeit they are theoretically capable of greater output).....and then doesn't compare them.

The comparison to the B&W 802 D3's makes sense enough. Also great in terms of saying "here's $25k on passive/big/old school" vs. "$16k on active/compact/new school", and so it's a great compare contrast.

But he doesn't actually compare against the 90's.

Not sure why you write this.

KR has already reviewed the Beolabs in an earlier issue - that review is online too - so it is a straightforward matter to read what he thinks about each speaker. Atkinson did the measurements for both, although in-room response for the Kii has not (yet?) been published, so again it is a simple matter for the reader to compare.

BTW, by far the best speaker I have heard to date is the Beolab 90. If the Kii is is the same class, it must be quite something.

I agree the 90's are the best speakers I have heard, the Kii's are very similar though, their controlled directivity doesn't extend quite as far and they lack the 'wide' and 'omni' modes and the built in DRC but they are an eight of the price.
Keith

No matter what you think of someone, posts like that are pretty rude. Would you mind keeping this kind of output to yourself, please?

No. I can't..
Its like dealing with a computer that repeats the same warning message over and over again.

First of all it isn't meant with any malice, which, I believe Keith is aware. Second I appreciate your caution but I would think you're kind of reverse-trolling, or "troll baiting" here and I don't find my comments to be aggregious.

Heard speakers again today and i was impressed. Now im waiting on pride drop on 5k than they are mine

advertisement

Back