advertisement

Kii Three Review

It is interesting that the Kii THREES were so impressive to the reviewer in what appears to be an already well treated room. It suggests to me that there is more to them than just the cardioid dispersion.

All speakers sound better in well treated room.

Yes correctly but for the full performance manufacturer stand is a must.

Manufacturers stands are not necessary, they can be placed wherever you like, it is a good idea to have the tweeters at around ear level at your listening position.
Keith

The fully active version were the speakers I had heard in Munich, the importers kindly lent me the SDM's as that was all they had at the time.
Keith

Great review: what I couldn't understand in "comparisons", is that he says that the closest thing to compare to would be the Beolab 90's (albeit they are theoretically capable of greater output).....and then doesn't compare them.

The comparison to the B&W 802 D3's makes sense enough. Also great in terms of saying "here's $25k on passive/big/old school" vs. "$16k on active/compact/new school", and so it's a great compare contrast.

But he doesn't actually compare against the 90's.

Bang & Olufsens Beolab 90's and now 50's share the same controlled directivity technology.
The 90's have more options as well as 'narrow' ( audiophile) mode they also have 'wide' and 'omni' , they also include DRC to eliminate any room modes.
Their cardioid bass response also extende more deeply, essentially though they are similar designs.
Keith

(waving hand)

Keith?? KEITH?....

KEITH. (snaps fingers)

Are you in there? Can you hear me?? Hello?

Christ. Keith read my ****ing post. I didn't ask for a technical list of similarities. I understand all this. I said rubinson doesn't actually compare them. Sonically.

How does your wife deal with you??

Jeff,

Ummmm, taps on his forehead with knuckles while saying, "Hello, hello. Anybody home? Think McFly. Think"?

Joe

(waving hand)

Keith?? KEITH?....

KEITH. (snaps fingers)

Are you in there? Can you hear me?? Hello?

Christ. Keith read my ****ing post. I didn't ask for a technical list of similarities. I understand all this. I said rubinson doesn't actually compare them. Sonically.

How does your wife deal with you??

No matter what you think of someone, posts like that are pretty rude. Would you mind keeping this kind of output to yourself, please?

advertisement

Back