advertisement

Brexit ‘Divorce Bill’ cost.

Reminds me, mine needs renewing. Hopefully I can have a non-blue one for as long as possible.
On exit day, purple passports will no longer be valid and a new blue passport will be mandatory for each man, woman and child who claims British citizenship. It will cost, oh I don't know, somewhere in the region of £500...

I'm renewing mine in January with the jumbo 48 page version- with the EU on the front. There's a good chance we'll be back in as fully paid up members before it expires. I bet the Sun will have pics of various Alf Garnet types coming out of the passport office, teeth clenched, punching the air, with their new Brexit Island versions when they become available.

Gove, Johnson and all the other collaborators should be hanged, drawn and quartered and their heads put on spikes outside the Commons to rot and to feed the pigeons.

EU members cannot employ the death penalty. This is one of these annoying little bits of red tape that some Leavers would like to dispense with. So, you will have to choose between EU membership and revenge. Perhaps, like the exit discussions, this is merely a matter of sequencing - brutal, medieval-style violence followed by orderly accession talks. Just make sure someone clears up the offal first before inviting Juncker for any long working lunches at No 10, eh?

Perhaps, like the exit discussions, this is merely a matter of sequencing - brutal, medieval-style violence followed by orderly accession talks. Just make sure someone clears up the offal first before inviting Juncker for any long working lunches at No 10, eh?
I’m sure JCJ doesn’t mind a bit of offal.

The transition period isn’t yet agreed, although since we seem to be paying up to 2020 anyway, it would almost seem rude not to.
I’ll take a bet with you that the “transition period” extends beyond 2020.

It's going to drag on longer than the Austrian War of Succession, by which time the old codgers that voted for Brexit will be voting on the lunch menu for the week ahead (upstairs).

Last edited:
Gove, Johnson and all the other collaborators should be hanged, drawn and quartered and their heads put on spikes outside the Commons to rot and to feed the pigeons.
I was pleased to note the correct usage of hanged rather than hung. My Grandmother used to tell me that people were hanged while pictures were hung. I really miss my Grandmother.

I don't understand the issue here.
Surely the 52% who voted for Brexit, were aware of the implications and are therefore happy to pay for it. Come on, stand up chaps and get out your cheque books.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/30/apple-pay-back-taxes-eu-ruling-ireland-state-aid
The government could alway start collecting the (unpaid) taxes earned on profits by the likes of Apple etc. that have been squiralled away off shore. Should be plenty to pay off a chunk of it.

Do you mean like the EU are doing? If they tried that here it'd be against the 'will of the people' and interfering in the UK's God-given right to let the rich off the hook.

Stephen

f5d64ae8aa80.jpg

Her Britannic Majesty's
Secretary of State pleads pathetically that the bearer be allowed to pass after much queuing, waiting scared in dank rooms and having a finger up the jacksie. After all, we aren't in Schengen and have whined on and on about taking control of our own borders so much we'd be utter hypocrites if we suggested you can't do what you like with yours. If you could afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary that would be nice. But, again, we are aware we've blamed the results of lack of investment in our own health and welfare services on immigration - so if you want to just leave them to die in ditch somewhere as we have suggested we would do with your lot - fair enough. Anyway, as said before - please please please - pretty please. We used to be relevant you know, back when we were in the EU.

EU members cannot employ the death penalty. This is one of these annoying little bits of red tape that some Leavers would like to dispense with. So, you will have to choose between EU membership and revenge. Perhaps, like the exit discussions, this is merely a matter of sequencing - brutal, medieval-style violence followed by orderly accession talks. Just make sure someone clears up the offal first before inviting Juncker for any long working lunches at No 10, eh?

This would not be an act carried out by the legal powers of the sovereign state but by an angry mob armed with pitch forks marching on the Commons in such numbers that the security forces are overwhelmed :)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/30/apple-pay-back-taxes-eu-ruling-ireland-state-aid

Do you mean like the EU are doing? If they tried that here it'd be against the 'will of the people' and interfering in the UK's God-given right to let the rich off the hook.

Stephen

Not only that; if/when we leave the EU, Britain will want be seen as 'low tax' and 'business friendly', so you can, as Boris says, whistle for extra tax revenue from Apple et al.

advertisement

Back