advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

I've ordered two Voodoo Cable Air Spectra power cords to audition on my nDAC and Teddy Pardo XPS. These are in their preowned section.

Do you know the first thing about electricity and electronics?
I'm not an electrical engineer if that's what your asking. I've come to realize that finding power cords that sound good on Naim power supplies very difficult. Most just color the sound in a negative manner. I even have my receptical tuned to match the sound of my Audio Envy Expanded Power cords. High performance gold plated OCC connectors to match the OCC in the power cords.

It’s fine. No mains leads will possibly alter your hi-fi system. That’s just nonsensical. Bygones…
I couldn't disagree more. Even the recepticals sound different. I've used Furutech GTX-D, AV Options Deep-Cryo Hubble, Pangea and PS Audio Power Port and they all added their flavor. I've found the Audio Envy OKTA Pro receptical to be a good match with the power cord loom.

I had a bad experience at a hifi store with cable sceptics. I wanted to get a great digital cable that I heard about but when I got home I found it was in literally dozens of pieces. When I went back to complain, they laughed at me. 'You do know it's all just bits, right?'

If your interested in a high quality amazing sounding digital cable look into the Snake River Boomslang.

I would have liked to try Snake River Audio digital cable, too late now since I'm using a combined streamer dac. Maybe one day I'll get to hear some of their other cables.

Pretty colours and no measurements, an audiophool's dream ticket. :)
I also think they're pretty, but they are not the only manufacturer to suggest minimum lengths of digital cable and cryo treating cables. I take most of the blurb from hifi manufacturers with a pinch of salt and listen to the item on it's own merits. I then have to decide if spending £££'s more than my previous component is worth the expense.
I have one question to a few on here, why do cable non believers read the cable threads on this forum? 😂 I stay away from threads that don't interest me.

I have one question to a few on here, why do cable non believers read the cable threads on this forum? 😂 I stay away from threads that don't interest me.
Couple of reasons. One is that if outlandish statements are not challenged some may believe there is a consensus in agreement. Two is that cable nonsense has damaged the industry/hobby to my mind so I would like to see it tamed.

Indeed. And several people here will give them the following piece of advice, based on technical knowledge: keep your money, buy music or hardware, give to to charities if it burns your pockets, offer presents to your loved ones. But do not buy stupid cables.

I also think they're pretty, but they are not the only manufacturer to suggest minimum lengths of digital cable and cryo treating cables. I take most of the blurb from hifi manufacturers with a pinch of salt and listen to the item on it's own merits. I then have to decide if spending £££'s more than my previous component is worth the expense.
#Truer words were never spoken.

advertisement

Back