advertisement

Rega rumours - Anything to share?

Olivier,
it's a rega wall rack, and it makes a hell of a difference! I strongly recommend buying one. (I think it's something like 100 EUR new)

The slabs under the Kans are thick concrete boardwalk tiles which I painted glossy white.

Gromit,
there's a small dealer in my region (south Germany) selling his demo P9. 2,8k EUR.

I was tempted first, but decided I'm not ready to spend that much money on a TT yet.

Hi Tobi - at the current Euro/£ exchange rate I think it's not much of a saving on the UK new price!! :D

I just think it's a fabulous turntable - such simplicity, and beautiful to look at imho. :)

Rega are teasing us all. They have e-mailed to say that a new product will be announced this week.

I await with bated breath.

Personally I would like a m/coil cartridge priced between the Exact and the Apheta. Or, as Terry Bateman is a tube man, what about a Rega all tube phono stage or integrated amp ? :D

Hopefully not a surround sound receiver or Ipod speakers!

The new product will most likely be the......

IOS MC Phonostage.

US distributor leaked it :)

There was a mock-up of one shown at a show last year so that looks likely.

Let's hope it isn't stupidly expensive. Knowing Rega it shouldn't be.

We don't need another CD player as they can't get any better IMO.

I wish Rega would come out with "soup to nuts" electronics on the level of the P9. That would be amazing value. Please hurry though as the dollar is dropping so fast it could end up priced like krell.

My guess is it'll feature something to tame the Apheta's resonance.

I wee notch filter Markus?

I certainly intend to hear one when it arrives as i'm a Rega fan. It would be a shame if they start heading too far up-market though. One Naim is enough.

I certainly intend to hear one when it arrives as i'm a Rega fan. It would be a shame if they start heading too far up-market though. One Naim is enough.

Must agree. As I generally don't care to appear an over consuming prick, the direction Naim have taken does make me a bit self concious. But then again it does sound stupendous.

Must agree. As I generally don't care to appear an over consuming prick, the direction Naim have taken does make me a bit self concious. But then again it does sound stupendous.

Indeed.

Terry Bateman is a genius and Roy Gandy isn't far behind him IMO.

Ever looked inside a Rega Planet?
It's full of absolute crap - well components that most audiophiles would toss into the nearest skip. Yet Bateman uses these cheap off the shelf parts to make a superb sounding £500 CD player.

That is real talent IMO and a pole apart from the snake oil merchants of this industry.

Does any one else have any rumours or information (preferably the latter...) on upcoming rega products or product revisions?

I can't imagine they could keep up the pace of the last couple of years (new tt's, carts, CDP's and speakers).

d

$1200-$1500 USD, I believe for the IOS.

I saw some literature and a price in a dealers a few weeks ago and it was £1500. I think it's set up to be best with their Apheta MC cart. I Still can't get the sound of a demo P9/Exact out of my head, so i guess the new phono/Apheta should sound pretty sweet.

Thanks for all the contributions so far. Didnt expect so many people commenting, but the rega fans seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

It would be a shame if they start heading too far up-market though. One Naim is enough.

I would also like to agree with that statement.

Perhaps rega is the new naim. ;)

I just hope that the rumours about the new über-CDP are wrong. It would be something phenomenaly stupid IMO, regarding rega's product philosophy as well as regarding the way the market for digital playback components is heading.

Now, a rega DS... or at least rega integrateds and pre amps with built in DACs would be lovely.

Samuel.

I would also like to agree with that statement.

Perhaps rega is the new naim. ;)

Me too - Naim's going way OTT price-wise - that's why I'm sticking with second hand!

How noisy is the mech in the new Saturn BTW? The main reason I moved to a Naim CD5 was because my mk1 Planet's puck and mech was fairly noisy (no issues with the actual sound quality of the player though :)). If the Saturn is likely to be massively better than a CD5/Flatcap, I could be interested in one :)

Also - is the clamp mechanism made out of metal? I've had 3 CD personals bust where the clamp has slid down the motor shaft; current player's been jury-rigged with a train ticket (and still works!). Don't want that on a hifi CDP...

advertisement

Back