advertisement

Rega rumours - Anything to share?

Rega have this morning announced the launch of their new product.

It's the 'Fono Mini', a MM phono stage which is to retail for £55 inc VAT. This could well be the answer for many people looking to play vinyl without spending a fortune.

Guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer for my tube based Fono then !!! :D

It's the 'Fono Mini', a MM phono stage which is to retail for £55 inc VAT. This could well be the answer for many people looking to play vinyl without spending a fortune.

Guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer for my tube based Fono then !!! :D

Could that then pave the way for future amps without a dedicated phono input. I wonder..........

It's the 'Fono Mini', a MM phono stage which is to retail for £55 inc VAT.

<groan>

Not exactly what I was hoping for.

Not on the website yet, though?

Perhaps this is meant for people who bought, say, a P1 or a P2 and dont have a phono stage in their amp.

Samuel.

Out of curiosity dave, I assume they have announced it to their dealers/importers via email or somesuch? Any news on when it will actually be in the shops?

It is not on the website yet, neither is the 'white' drive belt, though since this is a limited edition item this is perhaps understandable.

Off topic here but still Rega related and maybe hifi dave will be able to answer this.

I notice on Rega's website that the dealer list now has some dealers more prominant than others. I hadn't noticed that before.
Is it me , or have Rega changed their dealer list to show main and sub dealers ?

Michael.

Perhaps all three stages (four really) should be named Fono, with different suffixes to distinguish between them?

How about 'Fono²' for the new EOS replacement, 'Fono' for the current MM and MC Fonos, and 'Fonoµ' (with the micro symbol in superscript) for the new little-un?

Craig

Off topic here but still Rega related and maybe hifi dave will be able to answer this.

I notice on Rega's website that the dealer list now has some dealers more prominant than others. I hadn't noticed that before.
Is it me , or have Rega changed their dealer list to show main and sub dealers ?

Michael.
B
Because they have recently revised the list I haven't noticed but as I am in tiny print I will definitely be asking the question,:confused:

It's the mini - and its cheaper.

Cheers

Rich

Cheaper than the old 'fono'? How does they do it? The 'fono' is the most expensive 'cheap bullshit' on the market! (Sorry guys, I can't say it nicer) One IC with a few resistor and a chinese 'plug in' PSU. The CA 640P is a real high end product compare to it! Compare to the original 'fono'!!!
I know this thread is not the best place to talk about the Rega falling. But need to see that Rega today is not same as the Rega 10 years before.

There's an Ikemi review from November 1999 or some such time that says Linn need to rethink their focus on digital, as CD players are on their way out....

As one of the finest integrated CD players you will find, the Ikemi’s value, given its price, is very high; but you should consider what the very near future has to offer too before deciding on a CD-only player.

!!It's not over yet for CD!!

I think Rega probably make the best VFM products on the market that aren't made by a kid in Taiwan.

I think Rega probably make the best VFM products on the market that aren't made by a kid in Taiwan.

I don't think it. Let's have a look to the RB1000. What is the REAL different between this and the 300? Polished, the base of the lift...:( And the marketing wörlds "the tolerance test, bla, bla, bla..." And the some reviews from PM, who is a very good friend of R.G.
Let's buy this and pay a lot of money. Nearly for nothing. In this price category are tonearms like SMEV, Roksan Artemiz, Linn Ekos. Look that pieces of engineering, and think that SMEVis not a better choice than the Rega..:mad:
But ok, for a P3 or an Apollo it could be truth.

I don't think it. Let's have a look to the RB1000. What is the REAL different between this and the 300? Polished, the base of the lift...:( And the marketing wörlds "the tolerance test, bla, bla, bla..." And the some reviews from PM, who is a very good friend of R.G.
Let's buy this and pay a lot of money. Nearly for nothing. In this price category are tonearms like SMEV, Roksan Artemiz, Linn Ekos. Look that pieces of engineering, and think that SMEVis not a better choice than the Rega..:mad:
But ok, for a P3 or an Apollo it could be truth.

I've used a RB300, RB600 and the RB1000. There is a difference. Not only in sound but you can "feel" it when moving the arm. I detect a little "speculation" on your part.

Ok, I am not living together with RB1000. But I had P3 before and after P5. And it was very close to each other. The P3 with the PSU is far better than the P5 without. And if anybody see the two turntables need to see the "different". Nearly nothing. The same plate, the same motor, the same bearing&inner platter, the same platter... And the same tonearm with an other cable. Wich is a blody chip Klotz. But double price!
After this I got an LP12/Ittok (12 years old) for the P5 price. If I could sing the different between thiese two! :)

advertisement

Back