advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

I am new owner of Proac DB3 speakers. I must say that I like them more than my ATC scm19. They are small, but still better bass performance than scm19! Room 22 m2, NAD C388, Naim nd5/xp5 xs,
Was that the current (curved) ATC SCM19 model or version 1? Out of interest, what amplifier was you using to drive them?

Last edited:
Any comments on 10’s vs 50 Sigs?

I’ve got a couple of pairs of 50 Sigs in different systems and have loved them long time on both valve and naim amplification. Might be interested in the new versions in due course

Any comments on 10’s vs 50 Sigs?

I’ve got a couple of pairs of 50 Sigs in different systems and have loved them long time on both valve and naim amplification. Might be interested in the new versions in due course

I've owned the Tablette 50 Signature and really liked them. I find the 50 Sigs to be a bit lightweight in the bass though. Not sure if the 10 Signature will be an overall improvement in terms of weight and dynamics over the 50 Sigs.

I believe the plain 10 vs 10 Sigs will be a more interesting comparison. Looking forward to these impressions.

I've owned the Tablette 50 Signature and really liked them. I find the 50 Sigs to be a bit lightweight in the bass though. Not sure if the 10 Signature will be an overall improvement in terms of weight and dynamics over the 50 Sigs.

I believe the plain 10 vs 10 Sigs will be a more interesting comparison. Looking forward to these impressions.

I also found my Reference 8 Sigs a little lightweight in the bass and pushing them back closer to the wall muddled the sound. The 10 Sigs being closed boxes should reduce that effect and provide more bass weight when placed close to the wall.

I also found my Reference 8 Sigs a little lightweight in the bass and pushing them back closer to the wall muddled the sound. The 10 Sigs being closed boxes should reduce that effect and provide more bass weight when placed close to the wall.

That was my experience with the 50 Sigs as well. They lose the magic when pushed close to the wall, specifically the wonderful imaging and airiness. Although they sound great when placed further out from the walls, the lack of bass made them sound a little thin.

Reports from current Tab 10 owners suggest that the 10 is a more balanced speaker with fuller bass. The sealed box and ability of closer placement to wall boundaries may have given the 10 the added advantage.

Best balance on 50 sigs for me has always been about a foot away from a wall. Bass isn’t really full but I never expected that from them. It might be nice to have a fuller bass if I don’t lose their detail and imaging prowess.

On the other hand I’ve always fancied giving some 1sc’s a go.

Best balance on 50 sigs for me has always been about a foot away from a wall. Bass isn’t really full but I never expected that from them. It might be nice to have a fuller bass if I don’t lose their detail and imaging prowess.

On the other hand I’ve always fancied giving some 1sc’s a go.

The 1sc's are a more polite speaker but they do not image as well as Sigs 8.

They are. However when I dem'd them they were sat right next to a typical 2.5 way floorstander and I couldn't tell it was this tiny box playing.

Ha ha, well, I've tried various set ups and I guess it comes down to how you like them to sound.

Mine are currently about 6 feet apart, just under 1 foot from the back wall and firing dead ahead which is sounding nice currently.

I would like to get rid of the TV and try them right up to the rear wall again.

Further musings on The Tab 10- l can only mirror what most folk here have been saying...

1. Highly musical.

2. Can go loud effortlessly.

3. Huge image when considering the speaker size.

4. Very deep bass considering again the cabinet size.

5. Fit and finish top drawer.

6. They look blooming cute.

An interesting and obvious comparison is with the Harbeth P3ESR which l had hear a while back, is that the ProAcs are a tad more coloured and less warm.. of the two the ProAc may nick it, however it all depends on what type of sound you are looking for........how do they image like this?:D

Really like them.

Tarzan, give it a few weeks after more run in and the Tabs make another audio leap in quality.

When people pop round to my house they are astonished when they look at the size of the Tabs and the sound that fills the room.

Hifiman l have been using the 10's on CD and they sounded superb, on my maxxed Gyro.:D:D:D, they are going back Tuesday ( l believe they are ProAc's demo so maybe run in already), will probably buy a pair of these or the Siggies if l can find out the differences are worth it, they are so musical.

I use Custom Design RS303 stands with their recommended filler, two bags per pillar making each stand close to 40kg

20180407_133135.jpg

advertisement

Back