advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have access to a prototype workshop that has a couple of cnc machines, if someone gives me a DXF file and quantity, I can get a quote.

It be interesting to compare European / Asia pricing.

Can they also do surface finishing & Anodizing? Awhile back I considered making it locally, but the vendors charged around the same price just for the finishing and anodizing (not including the CNC / materiel) as I was quoted for the completed chassis from China.

Apparently European environmental regulations have made it very hard for anodizesers..

It be interesting to compare European / Asia pricing.

Can they also do surface finishing & Anodizing? Awhile back I considered making it locally, but the vendors charged around the same price just for the finishing and anodizing (not including the CNC / materiel) as I was quoted for the completed chassis from China.

Apparently European environmental regulations have made it very hard for anodizesers..

No surface finishing or anodising.

I would go for that on the DeTox...a new can though. Don't knock Hammerite they make some great spray paints.

I don't blame you TBH. You guys have been waiting so long for an actual product I guess plywood covered in flock wallpaper would be acceptable :)

I feel your pain.

No surface finishing or anodising.
John, we really do not need surface finishing and anodising. This project has gone too far off the rails now for us to be concerned about such niceties - we are just not in a position for this luxury. You really can leave the finishing of each chassis to each individual customer. Russel has made a helpful offer here, and at an optimal time. You are expecting to produce the Detox boards soon. If Russel can get us some functional (RFI shielding) chassis at a sensible price - probably expensive, but hopefully sensible - then now is the time to negotiate placing an order, in time for the PCB production in, what?, 4 weeks' time?

Can do....:)

you CNC it I can finish, powder coating on site or possibly anodising if I pull some strings.

Promise it will not look like plywood...

Its not me that will be doing it, I can get a quote organised but John would have to raise an order, Its not "back channel".

Wow!...I hope you can help, this may take care of the chassis work from John.
It would be great if someone could help with out the chassis. I'm a little confused at exactly where it fits in with the Detox critical path and how complicated it needs to be. Does the detox need anything beyond usb in and out and power by way of inputs. Does it need LEDs and switches and things? Or do we just need a box in the way you do with a raspberry pi?
I suppose another way of asking this question is- if someone said "here's your box", would the only remaining step be to manufacture the board (with inputs)?

The reason I ask this is that if the chassis were the only obstacle to the immediate commencement of production of the Detox then I would be pretty tolerent of price and finish. If on the other hand, sorting it out would just move us on to the impossibility of obtaining the right shade of magenta for the power LED, then not so much. I guess this is why projects usually have project managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back