advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do the ministreamers do?

Brab,

The Ministreamer main purpose currently is to allow testing of various software solution's for the pending MDAC2 streamer option, its a standalone streamer that connects to any DAC with USB input.

Its currently in Beta release - hardware is completed, but software is up in the air and really only for those who are prepared to "play" and understand Linux / streamer software.

While I have components to build 20 units - we are only shipping 6 units to a selected few who are happy to work and experiment with different software solutions.

Brab,

The Ministreamer main purpose currently is to allow testing of various software solution's for the pending MDAC2 streamer option, its a standalone streamer that connects to any DAC with USB input.

Its currently in Beta release - hardware is completed, but software is up in the air and really only for those who are prepared to "play" and understand Linux / streamer software.

While I have components to build 20 units - we are only shipping 6 units to a selected few who are happy to work and experiment with different software solutions.
thank you.

I haven't been on here for a year now and I originally signed up for MDAC2 upgrade what went to the FDAC. I have all but given up and I looked on here today to see what progress has been made, now I see the FDAC at the back of the queue years aways. If one project was worked on at a time we would have seen the MDAC2 boards by now but more and more projects have been added with nothing getting finished. What will be added next pushing everything back again? When I signed up I wasn't told a half dozen other projects will be added and worked on, but foolishly I believed the only project would be the MDAC2 upgrade.

I haven't been on here for a year now and I originally signed up for MDAC2 upgrade what went to the FDAC. I have all but given up and I looked on here today to see what progress has been made, now I see the FDAC at the back of the queue years aways. If one project was worked on at a time we would have seen the MDAC2 boards by now but more and more projects have been added with nothing getting finished. What will be added next pushing everything back again? When I signed up I wasn't told a half dozen other projects will be added and worked on, but foolishly I believed the only project would be the MDAC2 upgrade.

Welcome to the club! ;) Hopefully the MDAC2 board might arrive before 2019!

Why does that matter?, hearing deteriorates with age and the timescale of this project is not insignificant with respect to hearing deterioration.

It's significant because I sincerely hope you get it before you leave this mortal coil.

It's significant because I sincerely hope you get it before you leave this mortal coil.

Not as much as I do!

Edit. Just jogged to the gym about 3/4 mile, did an hour's hard aerobic exercise and jogged back, I do this four times a week, and am mid 50s, so about evens I would say.

Why still so much interest in the MDAC? I had one when it was first released and it was good, but not spectacular and that was a long, long time back. Ended up replacing it with another Sabre based DAC which I preferred and a few years later with a R2R which I find has a smoothness to it that sigma/delta cannot match. There some game changers in V2 or is it fundamentally a hype cycle playing out?

Why still so much interest in the MDAC? I had one when it was first released and it was good, but not spectacular and that was a long, long time back. Ended up replacing it with another Sabre based DAC which I preferred and a few years later with a R2R which I find has a smoothness to it that sigma/delta cannot match. There some game changers in V2 or is it fundamentally a hype cycle playing out?
You are asking about a product which doesn't exist*. What answer do you want?

*ps I made this comment about the detox 2 years ago, or was it 3?, using the some words. I was criticised for saying this by some people, who used a logic which by now I hope even eludes them.

Should this thread even be a sticky then, implying there's actually something going on?

There's always something going on.

This week hundreds of parcels are winging their way across the world containing a wonderful new product that nobody even asked for.

Well six, but little acorns etc.

Harry, has just reminded us why Tony locked and then deleted the thread he started last week.

As I have said before, why not start your own thread about your DAC the Mytek Brooklyn I think.

Harry seems to have an unhealthy interest in products which he has no interest in - worrying.

Christopher G and Ian R,

I'm in the process of getting ready to ship the MiniStreamer Beta units and notice that you both are not on FaceBook - I'd like to create a "Closed Group" of MiniStreamer Beta owners so we can discuss software etc. I'd also like to know what software you want installed on your units (I can explain the limitations of the options) - so it be good if you can join the Lakewest FB group, then I'll create a MiniStreamer Beta closed group once you have joined.

I don't like FB, so I can understand any reluctance - but I'm not sure where else we can have a closed group area - there are 7 Ministreamer "members"....

If you don't want to be part of a group, I can work with this - just let me know.... But it be great to have your feedback and comments + I'll not need to be repeating myself... Its not going to be easy with these first units as the software solution is still very much up in the air.

Harry, has just reminded us why Tony locked and then deleted the thread he started last week.

As I have said before, why not start your own thread about your DAC the Mytek Brooklyn I think.

Harry seems to have an unhealthy interest in products which he has no interest in - worrying.

You seem to have an unhealthy interest in me to be fair.

I’m genuinely interested in this project even though I’m not an investor.

What’s the problem with that?

PS it’s Thursday. I was genuinely hoping to be reading about the mini-streamer.

PPS I’ve made lots of comments (hopefully helpful) about Mytek, Bluesound and other products I have knowledge of. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back