advertisement

Time for a motorbike list

In order 1998-2015:

Honda C90 (absolutely crap, but did start after about 15 years in a garage on the petrol that was left in the tank - unbelievable)
Vespa T5 (tuned with 127 jets etc. a hoot, wouldn't start below 5 degrees)
BMW XChallenge (good fun off-road machine)
Honda VFR800 FIX (fabulous sound and extremely fast; great for touring but very heavy)

Would like to try:

New Honda Africa Twin
Ducati 749/999
Morini 31/2
Honda VFR400
Any 250 2-stroke race replica - RGV250, KR1s, etc.
Suzuki GSXR750 Slabside
Lots of others

Just added this one to my list.....

38438673892_4be7f50931_b.jpg

Can't be if he's still alive. :p I never rode one of those RD/KH bikes but I did some on a borrowed RG500 GP replica, an utterly wild thing that DID go around corners. A true weapon but very fond of petrol stations. :)

It only went round corners because of the hinge in the frame somewhere under the tank

38447527092_b6d857cc20_c.jpg

Great bike, great name. Long may it live.

We do some carbon for that too.

Fabulous bike, I was a bit sniffy about getting a 'plastic fantastic' but probably the best bike I've owned (though the V Max, with the addition or R1 brakes and ungraded suspension, was tremendous fun in a lumbering kind of way)

Here's me getting ready for my last trip to Ben Nevis, fond memories (apart from the damage that that damned mountain did to my knee)

Fabulous bike, I was a bit sniffy about getting a 'plastic fantastic' but probably the best bike I've owned (though the V Max, with the addition or R1 brakes and ungraded suspension, was tremendous fun in a lumbering kind of way)

Here's me getting ready for my last trip to Ben Nevis, fond memories (apart from the damage that that damned mountain did to my knee)
Most faired bikes are the nuts.....they just look more whizzy.

Daly user, until it gets too cold and frosty, its fast becoming a classic and the prices are going up, so I might have to use it less.

Pete

Daly user, until it gets too cold and frosty, its fast becoming a classic and the prices are going up, so I might have to use it less.

Pete

Indeed. I have this earmarked as their next value climber. It is the last superbike to come with carburetors and is really comfy, so it is good for the motorcycling community as we all turn into old gippers that cannot let go and refuse to buy naked sit-up bikes. And the 03-04 paint scheme pictured here is timeless:

37594710175_4bac4e0d6a_b.jpg

That ZXR 750 paintjob is indeed spectacular. When I was a kid there were some lads a couple of years older than me living at the end of the road. They lived in a big rambling old farmhouse in a bit of a state and the old dining room was given over to the lads and the rest of their bike-mad mates as a hangout. Their parents didn't mind, they liked the company and they always knew where the lads were and that they weren't getting up to anything worse than the odd can of beer between playing records and chatting up girls. The lads asked to do up the "clubhouse" in Kawasaki colours, fair enough, you buy the paint, you dont make a mess of the rest of the house, crack on. Off they went, Kawasaki green walls, black ceiling, white covings, skirtings and windows. It looked, to my 14 year old eyes at least, absolutely bloody fantastic. I never went in, being a bit younger I never really got the pass but I'd known them all at school and on the bus so I had "wandering up to the window to say hello of a nice summer evening" rights while they sat there with the window open and Bon Jovi on the stereo. It was a bloody great clubhouse, I was jealous.

Kawasaki, the original headbanger's bike. There is in my warped memory a bit of a metal thing associated with Kawasaki. B&H, DM boots, Motorhead cut -off denim jacket. Not sure if that was true but that's how I remember it!

I've never really liked Kawasaki green although I did have an AR125LC in that colour back in my youth.

advertisement

Back