Time for a motorbike list

^^ Love that 450 Honda of Alan's.

I wish I still owned this;

12799606115_a64291c161_c.jpg

But happy I still own this;

31094248652_7d194ef322_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Didn't bat an eyelid. Bugger all damage on the bike, just me.:mad:

A mate of mine dropped a CBR400RR outside Pattaya and we had to basically take it out of town to get it resprayed so noone in the circle of dodginess would see what we were up to.

Forced to join in........

Vespa Ciao
DT50MX
XL125R
GT250
KH400
RD400
DR400
Fireblade x 2 (RRW, and the one after mebbees, not sure on variants)
CB1300
Honda Blackbird (sold to put a kitchen in, how bitter I still am)
Triumph Thruxton (900 one...whatever variant that is)

The last one is my favourite out of the lot........

S

There was always something special about the 2-stroke 400s, probably because most of us were running around on L-plates and weren't allowed to ride anything over 250cc :)

Oh man - that is beautiful. Was that one yours ?
Can't be if he's still alive. :p I never rode one of those RD/KH bikes but I did some on a borrowed RG500 GP replica, an utterly wild thing that DID go around corners. A true weapon but very fond of petrol stations. :)

Noone owning up to owning a Ducati 160. The were millions of them in the 1970s, well there may have only been a few but were more noticeable because they were being pushed.
Also long forgotten is the Ural 650 cheap as chips in 1970s.

Oh man - that is beautiful. Was that one yours ?

Yes. That's an H1-F which was the 1975 model and the last of the H1 Mach-3 series. A stunningly beautiful machine in the flesh and the whole rider experience was the best I had on any bike I've owned or ridden since (though the Aprilia comes close). The KH500 was introduced in 1976 with a few HP less due to the ever burdening noise reg's. I'd love another one for old times sake but decent ones go for silly money now :(

Mr Tibbs

In the words of Frank Melling, last of the mad H1s before Kawasaki 'bowed to pressure from consumer groups and environmentalists and made the 500 grow up, wear a suit and get its hair cut..'

No wonder it strikes a chord deep within us all. Stunning bike, esp in that colour. I am very envious MrT.

I used to write for RiDE motorcycle magazine. I have ridden many and owned a few.

Now I have brain damage and a knee that doesn't work and a wrist that doesn't bend or flex.

It does mean I have more time to listen to records though.

I used to write for RiDE motorcycle magazine. I have ridden many and owned a few.

Now I have brain damage and a knee that doesn't work and a wrist that doesn't bend or flex.

It does mean I have more time to listen to records though.

Yikes, sounds bad. So many comrades like this. I currently have one waiting to hear if his hand is staying on his wrist or not at the moment.

I moved to predominantly trail riding at 31. I got the fear on an R6 in 2000 and mortality has been with me since. I feel safer trail riding. Broken wrists and thumb incidents etc seem to be higher, though. Less of the head-ons with buses and cars pulling out.

Mr Tibbs;2982163 But happy I still own this; [IMG said:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5805/31094248652_7d194ef322_c.jpg[/IMG]

Mr Tibbs

One of my all time favourite looking bikes. That and a 748 SP -dream garage.

The T100 is probably the more sensible choice, but since this will be the last bike I get for a long time, the effortless grunt of the 1200 appeals. Maybe I'll change my mind by the time I get around to ordering the bike.

I guess the advice is....ride them both.

I dropped an 1100 motor in my 900 Supersport. Not sure I need it now. And the difference is not massive. Significant but not enough to make me think I would do that again.

Must have missed this thread somehow, so here goes:

Kawasaki A1
Kawasaki F7
Suzuki T500
Kawasaki H1C
Honda CB 500F
Suzuki GT 380L
Norton Commando 750
Yamaha RD 350
Yamaha TX 500
Yamaha RD 400E
Yamaha RD 350LC
Honda CBX 550
Suzuki GSX 750 ESD
Suzuki GSX 550 EF
Yamaha FZ 750 S
Yamaha FZ 750 T (UK)
Suzuki RF 900

Vespa T5

Lambretta Li 125 (1965) with Mugello 200 kit, 28mm Dellorto etc

Thought I would add a bit of class to the thread.

A couple of 1971 two strokes:
Suzuki T500
Vespa 150 super (now 180 and pretty wild, I've spent a lot of time on it)

advertisement

Back