advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo Escobar: el patron del mal on Netflix is completely different.

Yup. You can say that again. Really wanted to get into it but gave up after 5 episodes. Just couldn't get past the bumbling buffoonery of the guy playing Escobar. Zero malevolence or menace. Every time he was on screen I was reminded of that stupid opera singer from the Go Compare TV ads.

Shame really. Could've been good.

PS. On a similar theme. After watching Narcos season 1 & 2 this is worth seeing as a follow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Narcos - Season 3. Netflix.

Watched the whole thing over the weekend. Very very well done.

Wondered where they could go after the story of Pablo in seasons 1 & 2 but this was even better. Yes Penna does look a bit like a Broke Back Mountain Cowboy type with his dumb moustache but the rest of the cast were superb.

Highlight was the barber shop scene in Episode 3. Quite possibly the coolest "Mexican Standoff" scene- ever.

Tarantino eat your heart out.

Roll on Season 4 next year- El Chapo etc.
Having inadvertently managed to tear one of my quads, I spent my enforced lay-up period binge-watching the third series. Wow! The tension in some bits is wonderfully wound up. Immensely enjoyable.

Now on Netflix - “Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown”.

Not seen it yet, but could be an excellent documentary.

Just watched Snowden on Netflix, which I’d missed at the cinema. Well worth watching and very well acted. Great if your interested in the back story to Citizen 4.

“Long Shot” on Netflix. It’s a documentary about a murder, a baseball game, and a comedy show. I’ll say no more, other than that the story defies all odds, and is very much worth watching.

really enjoyed hatari with john wayne on netflix . its an old film but superb animal sequences and the baby elephants are superb . your wives will like it too i think

I'm enjoying "Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father", on Netflix. Funny interaction between Jack & his curmudgeonly old dad who likes to use the "F" word to great effect with his posh accent.

PS. On a similar theme. After watching Narcos season 1 & 2 this is worth seeing as a follow up.

Watched it last week, mostly with my mouth wide open in disbelief at the scale of drug activity. Excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
By pure coincidence I've watched 3 Emily Blunt films in a row - Live Die Repeat (Edge of Tomorrow), The Girl on the Train, Looper. All on Prime, the first surprisingly funny, but think I'll skip Gnomeo & Juliet.

Murder, rivalry, revenge, betrayal, corruption and more murder, it's all in Suburra and that's just the good guys! Italo-gangster series with strong leading characters, tight script and wonderful backdrop of Roma. The moral is clear - get involved with bad people and sooner or later there is hell to pay.

Up there with the very best of Netflix.

Murder, rivalry, revenge, betrayal, corruption and more murder, it's all in Suburra and that's just the good guys! Italo-gangster series with strong leading characters, tight script and wonderful backdrop of Roma. The moral is clear - get involved with bad people and sooner or later there is hell to pay.

Up there with the very best of Netflix.

Enjoyed Suburra very much.

Am now on episode four of Mindhunter. Set in the 1970s, it’s the story of how two FBI agents expand criminal science by being the first to study the psychology of serial murderers. Intelligent dialogue and very well acted. But needless to say, not one for kids or the faint of heart.

Not so interested in the 'dangerous/crazy people living near you' films/tv. I feel like I'm being manipulated by the NRA/Bannon.

Enjoyed Suburra very much.

Am now on episode four of Mindhunter. Set in the 1970s, it’s the story of how two FBI agents expand criminal science by being the first to study the psychology of serial murderers. Intelligent dialogue and very well acted. But needless to say, not one for kids or the faint of heart.

I just finished the first series of Mindhunter. I really enjoyed it as it dwelt more on the psychology of the criminals than just gore for gore's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back