advertisement

Harvey Weinstein

There have various dark rumour about activity in the modelling industry too - not perhaps very 'big' names involved - but another industry where the 'talent' has been there to perhaps take advantage of.

Not least, the wholesale encouragement if not outright coercion, surrounding taking certain drugs in order to keep people's weight down.

James Corden has been slated for making Harvey Weinstein jokes at an amFAR charity gala, which raised money for HIV/Aids research. See him doing this at the BBC.

I've never watched any of Corden's comedy routines, but have enjoyed some episodes of Carpool Karaoke. Judging by the Weinstein jokes though, the guy is a complete dickhead.

Asia Argento and Rose McGowan seem to think so and Corden has been forced to apologise, according to The Guardian.

Argento said on twitter: "Shame on this pig and everyone who grunted with him."

Jack

James is one of the most genuine and friendly guys you could ever wish to meet Jack. He's also overly ethical in many respects.

At the end of the day, those jokes came from scriptwriters. I saw nothing untoward in the content. If a Ruby Wax had come out with them everyone would have been in hysterics.

Ironic that someone slates an overweight person for alleged sexism by calling them a pig. If I called her a publicity seeking whore I suspect it would cause some offence.

Allegations of for which "the accused" has not even been arrested or taken for questioning by the police yet.

FFS. It's like so many people want to project their anger onto someone else. Did you watch Carry On Films Jack? Benny Hill?

If he's found to be guilty of a crime then let him hang. Will the jokes be OK then? We seem to be OK with jokes about other criminals.

If only the world was as sensitive about the plight of Palestinian children and those who cause war, starvation and famine in the name of religion.

If only the world was as sensitive about the plight of Palestinian children and those who cause war, starvation and famine in the name of religion.

My eyes are watering.
Not crying - just got a bit of deflection in them.

Back to your usual scummy self in no time at all.

A response to a charming individual who apparently doesn't share my wish that..

Scummy Self said:
The world was as sensitive about the plight of Palestinian children and those who cause war, starvation and famine in the name of religion.

...and chooses instead to mock such thoughts whilst vilifying an individual yet to be charged with a crime of any sort.

Happy to be considered scummy by some for that :) I feel I have my priorities right.

While I can understand the Academy Awards wanting to kick Weinstein out (even though he's not been tried for anything yet), I just don't understand why Polanski seems to be treated so differently by the film industry generally. From the behaviour of some you'd think he was a victim instead of a nasty sexual predator who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl (with allegations emerging about other victims, including some that were also underage).

While I can understand the Academy Awards wanting to kick Weinstein out (even though he's not been tried for anything yet), I just don't understand why Polanski seems to be treated so differently by the film industry generally. From the behaviour of some you'd think he was a victim instead of a nasty sexual predator who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl (with allegations emerging about other victims, including some that were also underage).

Might it be because Polanski is a director and therefore considered to be an artist, whereas Weinstein is 'just' a producer? Alfred Hitchcock had a fairly suspect relationship with many of his leading actresses and yet is still venerated by film fans. (I must admit to never having heard of Weinstein until these allegations surfaced).

Maybe they will kick others out with this as the catalyst. Perhaps they just need time to work out what kinds of dodginess qualifies and how far to go back

When Polanski was being held in Switzerland a few years back there was a petition to get him freed by a lot of folks in the film industry - including Asia Argento apparently. Crazy.

advertisement

Back