advertisement

Harvey Weinstein

If and when he is convicted he should get what’s coming to him.

But not before.

Payback is a bitch, and Weinstein deserves every gram of his.

It will be interesting to see how many whistle blowers come forward within the industry - not just the victims of Weinstein.

Who'd have thunk it, and in the movie industry too?

Mae West had it all worked out a long time ago.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I've always thought it must be a ghastly business to work in, surrounded by egotistical manipulative maniacs, insecure artists and greed. And of course that underlying drive for fame at any price. I know there are many decent people involved, but there seems to be more than a fair share of complete arses.

Payback is a bitch, and Weinstein deserves every gram of his.

It will be interesting to see how many whistle blowers come forward within the industry - not just the victims of Weinstein.
Still---

Head of Amazon Video Roy Price vs TV producer Isa Hackett ("The Man in the High Castle").

Sick.

Price-Weinstein-CONTENT-2017-840x460.jpg

I've always thought it must be a ghastly business to work in, surrounded by egotistical manipulative maniacs, insecure artists and greed. And of course that underlying drive for fame at any price. I know there are many decent people involved, but there seems to be more than a fair share of complete arses.

Goes for any business really. Anywhere there is real power attracts sociopaths. They can be found aplenty in the corporate world, politics, religion, entertainment etc.

So while the cliche “casting couch” has been long known about, it seems that only now has someone decided that way of doing things is no longer tolerable. Why is that then?
I’m not surprised he’s an odious shit & deserves all he gets & more besides. I see he’s volunteered to go to rehab so he can claim it was all due to some addiction or syndrome he had no control over in the hope the judge will go lightly on him.
He’s hardly the first or probably the worst to abuse his position to get his end away though.

What would happen if accusations starting surfacing about the Donald?

Does anyone imagine he never abused his position?

What I find odd is that some of the folks now condemning Weinstein (who definitely deserves condemnation) seemed quite happy to give public support for Roman Polanski.

OK, so he is a pig. But Asia Argento did not say "No" and walk out. Then she worked with him for 5 years. Now, 20 years later....
I get the feeling that if he was a pig to ask her for a "sexual service," but that she knew exactly what she was doing when she decided to provide it. I get the feeling that when she was 21 she was by no means a naive child who had led a sheltered life and was in awe and shock when faced with the big producer.

OK, so he is a pig. But Asia Argento did not say "No" and walk out. Then she worked with him for 5 years. Now, 20 years later....
I get the feeling that if he was a pig to ask her for a "sexual service," but that she knew exactly what she was doing when she decided to provide it. I get the feeling that when she was 21 she was by no means a naive child who had led a sheltered life and was in awe and shock when faced with the big producer.

Attitudes like that are part of the problem.

And an attitude like yours is oh, so morally superior and pure, but simply does not see reality. More thinking and less moral posturing, perhaps?

So using status and power to abuse women, or men, is OK?

And maybe she knew what was required by "The Industry" to get access to work - as is so often the case, men don't have to do this stuff to get on with their career. This is why he is a shit who has abused his position of power and deserves whatever is coming.

advertisement

Back