advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Can you expand a bit on the remark in bold. Do you imply that the Tablette 10s do not sound quite engaging at low volume levels. Do they sound thin with little or no bass at low volume levels? Do you need to increase the volume to moderate levels say 60 dB +/- to achieve a balanced sound ie. a sound that has sufficient bass thumping along.

I am not answering your question but generally most inefficient small speakers need power and a bit of volume to come alive.

It's just as drummerman says really, I generally listen at low to moderate levels and they've fine for me, I would just say they need a little bit more pep before they come on song, but also this can depend on the music I find, I was listening to a lot of electronica well into late last night and it was perfect at low levels.

Could be the driver surrounds needed a touch of breaking in maybe

Good point on the speakers needing breaking-in. My Harbeth speakers surely sounded better after 5 to 6 months. It's either the speakers or new equipment that have settled in or my ears have acclimatised to the new sound. Or a combination of everything.

Just picked up my pair of tablette 10s, first impressions very good and already noticing differences in the detail and sound stage for the better. Early days as these beauties are going to take time to bed in.

Amps Naim 272/100

With apologies for being a bit OT, is someone actually making the R1/R4, full-on, lead filled stands for these again?

If anyone has bought the Proac Tablette 10s in ebony or rosewood, I would appreciate if some photos can be posted to show the speakers sitting on stands. I would be interested to know how these speakers would look like in real life, in ebony and rosewood.

Thanks.

If anyone has bought the Proac Tablette 10s in ebony or rosewood, I would appreciate if some photos can be posted to show the speakers sitting on stands. I would be interested to know how these speakers would look like in real life, in ebony and rosewood.

Thanks.

Mine are satin white still look good though :D

Mine are satin white still look good though :D

Satin white should look great too (imagining). Though, it's the premium finishes that look particularly appealing to me. At first the ebony looks really striking, but now it appears that the rosewood is actually quite nice too. Just trying to have an idea how they would look like if on stands.

proac-tab10-3.614x461-pd1-jo.jpg

TA-WEB-ProAc-2.jpg

Satin white should look great too (imagining). Though, it's the premium finishes that look particularly appealing to me. At first the ebony looks really striking, but now it appears that the rosewood is actually quite nice too. Just trying to have an idea how they would look like if on stands.

proac-tab10-3.614x461-pd1-jo.jpg

TA-WEB-ProAc-2.jpg

Look nice in ebony but the wife insisted on white or no upgrade from the White AE301s the Tabs replaced !!!

Can they be ordered singlewire please ?

Yeah would be nice, although I cut the banana plugs of my NACA5 stripped back 2 inches and bare wired onto the terminals starting from top of terminals to the bottom. In the manual Proac suggest the bare wire approach.

I am off work this week and they are running in nicely :cool:

Just picked up my pair of tablette 10s, first impressions very good and already noticing differences in the detail and sound stage for the better. Early days as these beauties are going to take time to bed in.

Amps Naim 272/100

I just noticed you are using the Naim NAC N272/NAP100 with the Tablette 10s. How does it sound? I presume great. If I end up with the Tablette 10s, they will be driven by Naim amps too, either 202/200 or 282/250DR.

No plans to upgrade to the NAP 200? Just kidding. Fine amp you have there in the 272.

Cheers.

I just noticed you are using the Naim NAC N272/NAP100 with the Tablette 10s. How does it sound? I presume great. If I end up with the Tablette 10s, they will be driven by Naim amps too, either 202/200 or 282/250DR.

No plans to upgrade to the NAP 200? Just kidding. Fine amp you have there in the 272.

Cheers.

Not a big fan of the NAP200 and prefer the more fun approach of the 100 also there is no redundancy in the 100 when paired with the 272 unlike other Naim amps that have a built in power supply (not 250 or higher) that is unused when 272 is connected.

Main reason for the Tablette 10 was close wall positioning which is crucial for me as I don't want speakers taking over the living room and mine are two inches from the back wall giving a nice bass response okay doesn't wake the neighbors up but is plenty and the right amount without bloating out the mid range.

The Tablette is so easy to drive and the 100 has plenty of power so no need to look up the chain of the bigger power amp.

Mid range and top end of the Tablette is jaw dropping and pairs beautifully with the Naim gear and is the best I have owned for a long time.

I've settled on mine approx 12 inches out from the back wall, side wall distance has always been a non issue as they're a good 3 feet in.

They are astonishing speakers given how small they are, I'd love to hear some of the competition of similar build/dimensions. The ebony pattern on the front of mine has like a cool fade to black thing going on.

Will get some pictures when the camera battery has charged, it's seen better days now and is flat whenever I pick the damn thing up.

I guess to pander to those who think they should be able to bi-wire/bi-amp, mine have the provided links in, not interested in any of that silliness.

advertisement

Back