advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

I used to watch "petrol ped", but after this video where he takes the piss out of the accent of someone whos native language isn't English, I've chosen to stop watching his videos. IMO this kind of faux accent of foreigners accents is offensive, and is reminiscent of what Jim Davison used to do to Blacks back in the 80's, so is completely unacceptable in the 2020's

Skip to 4:28 "Carbon Fibre" section.

For the same reason I will no longer watch Vintage Voltage since his involvement.

NB: he gets picked up on it by one of the commenters, his reaction is that it's supposed to be "a joke", he then links to a video of an asian guy saying carbon fibre in a car video short, as supposed MEME. But in my view is just more racism.

For some reason it always takes me ages to find this YouTube thread. I’ve done searches for YouTube but I think maybe the “Your” in the title throws the search off. I couldn’t find it tonight in “Off Topic” so went back into my previous post links and found it there. Am I missing something?

Anyway, I finally got round to watching this and even though it’s mainly (almost) before my time I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Wrecking Crew, well worth a watch

I used to watch "petrol ped", but after this video where he takes the piss out of the accent of someone whos native language isn't English, I've chosen to stop watching his videos. IMO this kind of faux accent of foreigners accents is offensive, and is reminiscent of what Jim Davison used to do to Blacks back in the 80's, so is completely unacceptable in the 2020's

Skip to 4:28 "Carbon Fibre" section.

For the same reason I will no longer watch Vintage Voltage since his involvement.

NB: he gets picked up on it by one of the commenters, his reaction is that it's supposed to be "a joke", he then links to a video of an asian guy saying carbon fibre in a car video short, as supposed MEME. But in my view is just more racism.
I think the internet may be a be much for you, best leave it alone.

The boys are certainly flying along these days, looks sped up in places and certainly on another level than Group B ever was.

advertisement

Back