advertisement

Your gigs of the year

guey

pfm Member
For me:

David Byrne at the Hammersmith Odeon (the one at the Brighton Centre was brilliant as well; but we were right up the front for the Hammersmith one, which improved it hugely)
The Necks at Turner Sims in Southampton
Nakhane at Omeara in London
Angelique Kidjo at The Barbican
GoGo Penguin at the Concorde 2, Brighton
Gary Numan and the Skaparis Orchestra at Shepherds Bush Empire

Stones at Southampton. Right down at the front. Loved it.
But that was my only gig of the year....

Must get out more...

A real quiet year for gigs, only went to two but they were both good. Ray Lamontagne at the Hammersmith Apollo was my favourite. Sometimes you wait for years to see someone and it’s a bit of a let down, not Ray, I expected him to be good but he was absolutely excellent, in my Top 5 gigs ever.

Cheers BB

David Byrne in Nottingham.

The concert was amazing.

More like a fantastical art installation than a regular gig.

The choreography and musicians became one.

Up there in my top ten gigs ever, with the Kate Bush concert at the top.

On a trip back to the U.K. Parliament in Manchester in July. What a privilege to see the great man and as much a troupe as a band. A very funky evening

Steven Wilson at L'Olympia Paris in March.
A great show but would have been even better if he'd turned the volume down a notch or two.

Sons of Kemet at Total Refreshment Centre in Hackney - probably the last chance to see them playing to a home crowd in a small hot and sweaty venue!

Probably a shoot out between Portico Quartet in Liverpool or Noya Rao + Allysha Joy in Chester. Both in tiny venues. This is the kit way back in Jan was pretty damn good too.

advertisement

Back