advertisement

Your final turntable

I'm just following up on my declared love for Thales turntable/tonearm craft which is a love that could potentially get me into the workhouse or even prison for speculating on the value of my granny, if I even had one!

Loving this review by Art Dudley flagged up by GT Graham recently, i'm very happy with the diminutive TTT Slim ll / Easy Tonearm pairing but this takes it up a level or two with the Simplicity ll tonearm, good read if you're interested.......

https://www.stereophile.com/content/hifiction-thales-ttt-slim-ii-turntable-simplicity-ii-tonearm

The higher end berg mans are nice indeed I have enjoyed having them pass through my hands on a few occasions and spent a little time with them on the field. I am a great advocate of air bearings. They offer great value for money and are a great stepping stone into the dark side i have nothing but praise for them, the word wonderful come to mind. They are relatively fuss free and Johnny bergman is nice to deal with. The holbo is also another fine value combination that is nice to use and handle. The sindre even at its retail of 15k was a lot of turntable let alone what I have seen a couple of used ones go for after it was discontinued.

The CS port is a bit of a wacky contraption and not for the non fiddler, but boy does it play music it most amazing thing is its sheer foundation and presence is unlike any other air bearing linear track combo currently made, including the walker proscenium V which itself is a mighty fine turntable.The midrange is totally effortless and tremendous weight and the bass is just controlled and deep quite a trick.

I also like the idea of being the only tonearm of its type that a spu can be used if needs be. including the walker proscenium V which itself is a mighty fine turntable. The looks appeal to me as I have admired and used the big Micro seiki designs and see the similarities.

Luckily i get to hear and play with these toys personally I would hate to have to decide on a final turntable.

Mik,
Have you ever had the chance to hear the American Sound Turntable which seems to have a cult following?

Another American turntable, which I think will be my last, is the Grand Prix Monaco v2.0, which easily beats my previous tables , which were LP12, Townshend Rock and Brinkmann LaGrange.

advertisement

Back