advertisement

Your Fave YouTube Channels?

andyoz

pfm Member
I watch more YouTube than 'normal' TV now.
Mostly car stuff as the production values of some of the channels is staggering and some (not all) presenters are more impartial than mainstream media.

I also find the quality of some non-car stuff pretty amazing roo. Currently watching this one as these guys have good credentials behind them:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_8ri2rYergbu_06VNSPlw

These 3 at the moment.

It changes.

PS Interesting how three entirely different approaches can be equally engaging.

Last edited:
Same we watch probably 60% youtube to other services, we don't watch terrestrial TV anymore but occasionally pick up masterchef on iplayer.

I am a nerd so the usual tech channels linus tech tips, Jays2Cents etc.

I love Essential Craftsmen, he has just completed an entire house build series from getting planning through to selling, amazing piece of work. The guy and his son did all recording editing, even the music.

For amazing woodworking I love ishitani, recordings are beautiful too. I also like Frank Howarth and Blacktail studios

DIY Perks is amazing, This Old Tony is amazing, I love Colin, from This Does Not Compute

I kind of like watching people make and fix shoes, Trenton & Heath are good, Beodos leatherworks too.

Man there is loads of stuff. We pay premium on Youtube, best thing to come out of humans (along with all the dross on there lol) I have 280 subs, but some have gone to the wayside.

Florian Pilz / Audio Pilz - his "Bad Gear " reviews are funny and shows just how there's actually very few pieces of genuinely unusable musical gear.

Glenn Fricker / SpectreSoundStudios - studio gear reviews and production tips and not linked to dance music. Seems a pretty honest, straight-up guy.

Qixr - Odd stories from around the world presented in a funny style.

Mine are mainly in three categories:

Audio, music and electronics geekery: JHS Show, That Pedal Show, The Bob & Ramon Show, Tone Twins, Trogley’s Guitar Show, Twoodfrd, Syntar, Crimson Guitars, Uncle Doug, XRayTonyB, Mr Carlson’s Lab, Electronics Old & New, My Mate Vince, EEV Blog, Shango066, David Tipton, Darko Audio, 45rpm Audiophile, The In Groove, Stereophile, Ken Micallef, Techmoan etc etc (plus many, many more including several band channels plus things like the RNCM).

Computer geekery vintage and current: Curious Marc, GadgetUK164, RMC, Adrian’s Digital Basement, Louis Rossmann, The Spectrum Show, Mac84, Jan Beta, Summoning Salt, Easy Speezy etc etc (really yards of this stuff).

Other bits ‘n’ bobs, but definitely still geekery: NASA, Joe’s Classic Arcade Games, Sabine Hossenfelder, Hambini, Peak Torque, 3x3 Custom, Fran Blanche, Randy Rain, Wristwatch Revival, Nekkid Watchmaker, Bad Obsession Motorsport, Mustie1 etc etc.

I’m subscribed to around 200 channels at present and it is growing weekly as I keep adding new interesting stuff. I hardly watch terrestrial TV at all now beyond checking Sky News, C4 News & Newsnight now and again.

I’m sure I’ll find a lot more from this thread.

You might like 'this does not compute' Tony, he fixes old pcs and mini disk players and the like.

Add LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER who is also a bit of an electronics Geek. A lot of focus on musical instruments but other electronics stuff too.

Russian telephone autodialler that uses ferrite cores.

Fun with Lego

[edit]

He can be a bit shouty.

You might like 'this does not compute' Tony, he fixes old pcs and mini disk players and the like.

Yes, I’m subscribed to that one! The above is a very incomplete list, I don’t think there is a huge amount in the retro computing area I’ve not found yet (they all tend to mention one another which helps find stuff).

Mine are mainly in three categories:

Audio, music and electronics geekery: JHS Show, That Pedal Show, The Bob & Ramon Show, Tone Twins, Trogley’s Guitar Show, Twoodfrd, Syntar, Crimson Guitars, Uncle Doug, XRayTonyB, Mr Carlson’s Lab, Electronics Old & New, My Mate Vince, EEV Blog, Shango066, David Tipton, Darko Audio, 45rpm Audiophile, The In Groove, Stereophile, Ken Micallef, Techmoan etc etc (plus many, many more including several band channels plus things like the RNCM).

Computer geekery vintage and current: Curious Marc, GadgetUK164, RMC, Adrian’s Digital Basement, Louis Rossmann, The Spectrum Show, Mac84, Jan Beta, Summoning Salt, Easy Speezy etc etc (really yards of this stuff).

Other bits ‘n’ bobs, but definitely still geekery: NASA, Joe’s Classic Arcade Games, Sabine Hossenfelder, Hambini, Peak Torque, 3x3 Custom, Fran Blanche, Randy Rain, Wristwatch Revival, Nekkid Watchmaker, Bad Obsession Motorsport, Mustie1 etc etc.

I’m subscribed to around 200 channels at present and it is growing weekly as I keep adding new interesting stuff. I hardly watch terrestrial TV at all now beyond checking Sky News, C4 News & Newsnight now and again.

I’m sure I’ll find a lot more from this thread.

Yes, what's amazing is that camera (and drone) tech has really ramped up the last 5 years so the production values are just limited by talent, time and editing. Some car stuff is more raw and real than Top Gear is some respects. These guys just started as mates dicking around in 2010..

Yes, what's amazing is that camera (and drone) tech has really ramped up the last 5 years so the production values are just limited by talent, time and editing. Some car stuff is more raw and real than Top Gear is some respects. These guys just started as mates dicking around 2010..

i find that totally over produced and unnatural - bit like some of my students when i first taught film making....

i find that totally over produced and unnatural - bit like some of my students when i first taught film making....

Yes, but that's what some want. Top Gear must make your head melt as it's totally OTT now.

These guys have a different style and never rushed.

If we didn't have YouTube, doubt I'd ever get the chance to watch Hugh Padgham get interviewed for over 5 hours and chat about stuff

Yes, what's amazing is that camera (and drone) tech has really ramped up the last 5 years so the production values are just limited by talent, time and editing. Some car stuff is more raw and real than Top Gear is some respects. These guys just started as mates dicking around in 2010..

Gosh! Someone actually driving and enjoying their GT3 and not worrying about its residual value. ;)

I watch a lot of Vice Grip Garage as he makes me laugh.

But you watch one *research* video on female gym attire and your suggestions list is full of it now. Unfortunately I can't get rid of it so I have to watch them all.

I watch a lot of Vice Grip Garage as he makes me laugh.

But you watch one *research* video on female gym attire and your suggestions list is full of it now. Unfortunately I can't get rid of it so I have to watch them all.

^^^ Subscribed !!!

advertisement

Back