advertisement

Your all time No1 Album

No.1 album changes all the time, right now its probably James Brown 'The Payback'. A few years ago it was Robert Wyatt 'Rock Bottom'. A few years ago after that it was Guy called Gerald 'Black secret Technology' or 4 Hero 'Parallel universe'. A few months ago it was Horace Silver 'Songs for my father'.........Yeh its difficult.

Impossible to name only one but the following would all be on my shortlist :-

Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns
Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Steely Dan - Gaucho
John Martyn - One World
Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen

mmm... standing in front of my records, this is difficult to answer. As others have said, this changes almost daily, but today it is >

The Human League - Travelogue. (1980)

mmm... standing in front of my records, this is difficult to answer. As others have said, this changes almost daily, but today it is >

The Human League - Travelogue. (1980)

I think I just analyse which album do I always go back to after having a 'new favourite' for a while. That's why I chose Ziggy.

I think I just analyse which album do I always go back to after having a 'new favourite' for a while. That's why I chose Ziggy.

Age related choices, I was 14 / 15 yrs old when I got Travelogue, I love Ziggy as well, but didn't own it till I was 18 yrs old. Travelogue is like my favourite pair of old shoes.

Kraftwerk ' Computer World' would be my second choice.

Age related choices, I was 14 / 15 yrs old when I got Travelogue, I love Ziggy as well, but didn't own it till I was 18 yrs old. Travelogue is like my favourite pair of old shoes.

Kraftwerk ' Computer World' would be my second choice.

Travelogue and Reproduction were some of my early faves as well... along with Kraftwerk, Gary Numan/Tubeway Army and John Foxx.

I still listen to them today, but not that often compared to the likes of Bowie or Joy Division.

I'm still mesmerised by Astral Weeks. Can't say why. I've even walked up and down Cypress Avenue on Google maps looking for clues. Next come Forever Changes and Highway 61. After that, I'm all over the place.

advertisement

Back