advertisement

Your all time No1 Album

Have you got the original issue triple-vinyl of that one? It is a monster! You just prompted me to put it on!

No, I’ve never had it on vinyl... When I started buying music myself, CD was the new thing and vinyl had become a real poorer cousin, so I played it constantly on my Marantz CD63 and Alpine 7909.
Funnily enough not 15 minute ago I was looking at Vinyl copies on ebay...

The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus “Beauty Will Save The World.” Obvs.

Wow one album eh? Don't think I could narrow it down that far, nothing for me stands so head and shoulders above everything else such for me to call it my favourite album.

If you put a gun to my head though and made me do it I suppose I could go with OK Computer. Or possibly the first Stone Roses LP.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is the album I always go back to time after time.

Shout out to Peter Gabriel - IV, Kate Bush - This Sensual World and Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

But then there's The Joshua Tree too... hmmmm!

The question is pointless, nothing remains the same.

I have around 600 lp's, probably 50 or so get played a fair bit, the others now and then, otherwise they go.

Bloss

We can't all like the same things and anyway I know it's fashionable to detest U2 these days, but I've never done fashion. In 86 it was a brilliant album and it still is... to me at least.

Always hated them. Mrs 998 mk1, and her twin sister loved them and one time, in their mid 20’s wanted to go and see them at, iirc, Leeds. I said to Mk1, fine, off you go, enjoy. My BiL, who just didn’t do music at all, said no way are you (his Mrs) going just with Mk1, I refused to go as chaperone, because they didn’t bloody well need it, and because I hated U2 with a passion, so in the end they took their 65 year old mum to protect them from the barbarians of Roundhay Park. How BiL managed to see this as acceptable I have no idea, but there you go.

Always hated them. Mrs 998 mk1, and her twin sister loved them and one time, in their mid 20’s wanted to go and see them at, iirc, Leeds. I said to Mk1, fine, off you go, enjoy. My BiL, who just didn’t do music at all, said no way are you (his Mrs) going just with Mk1, I refused to go as chaperone, because they didn’t bloody well need it, and because I hated U2 with a passion, so in the end they took their 65 year old mum to protect them from the barbarians of Roundhay Park. How BiL managed to see this as acceptable I have no idea, but there you go.

I was at that gig... there were these two twins in front of me who I spent the night chatting up... ;)

The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus “Beauty Will Save The World.” Obvs.

I doubt anyone is going to out-obscure you with that one!

PS I’ve got their debut on vinyl and saw them around that time!

I was at that gig... there were these two twins in front of me who I spent the night chatting up... ;)

Yeah, but they had their bloody mum with them...:D

My BiL was a serious dinosaur, I once overheard the twins discussing sex, and apparently cunnilingus was not a thing, ever, in their relationship, and Mk1 sort of extolled my enthusiasm for it. This worked well for me the following New Year Eve, when he, as per normal, drank himself himself into a coma and I got to do the twins thing...:p

Right now it’s The Sound Defects - The Iron Horse. Remarkable and highly enjoyable. I’m in constant amazement at the genius that went into creating this bunch of wonderfully coherent songs and instrumentals made entirely of samples.

advertisement

Back