advertisement

Yiiiiiihaaa!!! The 20'000 UKP power cable is here!

I have any amount of cable in the house that anyone can have for £30k. Contact me at the usual address, anytime.

If you really want to take the power suply bit seriously then mains electricity is a waste of time anyway. It's only used because it makes it easy to distribute. What you really need on your amplifier is 40V-0-40V DC and you should be generating this. Similar things apply to CD players, etc.

Complex psychology applies to things like this. I'm not sure how much of it is "if we make it the people will come" because there will always be someone who wants "the best", whatever it is, and how much of it is just to get the name bandied about and sprinkle their "only" £500 cable with the same pixie dust as the 20k one has so much of.

Paying that amount for cable will never happen for me, but I actually heard this Odin at the Montreal Show earlier this year. Still amazes me that a power cord can bring such a big improvement in SQ.

And why is it 20k UKP? It's 'only' 10,999U$ .

Excuse me while I remove my brain and check that all cognitive processes have ceased. Right I'll have two of the £20000 cables please, The cable for £360 is obviously rubbish as it is far too cheap.

Paying that amount for cable will never happen for me, but I actually heard this Odin at the Montreal Show earlier this year. Still amazes me that a power cord can bring such a big improvement in SQ.

And why is it 20k UKP? It's 'only' 10,999U$ .

Yeah, right!

Chris

. Excuse me while I remove my brain and check that all cognitive processes have ceased.

Don't let me interrupt you. As you were...

Chris, I take it that you have also heard the Odin.

Unless your belief set can be backed with experience Chris, it is just that, a belief.

I have much respect for the likes Simon (SQ225917) who actually bother to listen before reaching similar conclusions.

Yeah, but the cable is 5m long. The price is £4000 per metre, which doesn't seem so expensive.

That's £6800 for a standard 1.7m. This is a scandalous amount and gives mucho amo to the sneering sceptics who couldn't taste the difference blindfolded between an apple and an onion.

Unless your belief set can be backed with experience Chris, it is just that, a belief.

I have much respect for the likes Simon (SQ225917) who actually bother to listen before reaching similar conclusions.

You have it arse about tit, Steven.

Every time I drop an apple, no matter if it is a cox's, a bramley or a golden delicious, it drops to the ground.

Now, I looked into this phenomenon, & Newton & Einstein gave a very good explanation as to why this should be.

Should I therefore test that if some one gave me a new variety of apple that it too would drop to the ground when dropped?

I have heard 4 systems with ****y power leads. None were changed in any respect whatsoever by their inclusion. And yes, we did compare the system before and after the inclusion.

No difference is what the science predicts. No difference is what I experienced.

Chris

Yeah, but the cable is 5m long. The price is £4000 per metre, which doesn't seem so expensive.
Very reasonable Still. A decent second hand car versus a metre of cable with plugs on. Cars are such poor value and all you do is leave them in the rain.

advertisement

Back