advertisement

Yiiiiiihaaa!!! The 20'000 UKP power cable is here!

Anyone who has ever bought an aftermarket mains cable whether you call it Powerline etc., for any reason (other than the stock one won't reach :p) accepts this idea.........from then on we are haggling over the price. Where's Loub? LOL

For far less than 20K you could buy your own generator & ensure all your supply is as good as possible, not just the last metre. I've often been surprised by how much some people appear to be willing to pay to rectify 'problems' with the mains (regenerators, conditioners, filters, ****y cables etc), when for a whole lot less they could have their own supply in the backyard.

Book was written in 91.

...and "sums up the 90's quite well"? Impressive. Like I said, you meant "sums up the 80's", which is why the author set it in the 80's. It would be hard for a book set in the 80's to sum up the 90's, especially when it was written before nine of the nineties had happened.

I am not sure which is the most daft. A 20k kettle lead or WAV sounds better than FLAC.

Both concepts belong in the same broad category. Audiophoolery. There are sufficient gullible audiophools out there for the likes of Nordost, Russ Andrews and other audio parasites to make a living.

No different from fortune tellers, etc, etc.

Chris

Wonder how many wood options they tried before they chose the one they do - on sound quality no doubt.

I suppose we should applaud them otherwise there would be another joiner out of business.

CHE

Wonder how many wood options they tried before they chose the one they do - on sound quality no doubt.

Every tree is different. Some examples of this cable sound better than others.

Reminds me of when a certain Linn dealer offered a special used KK on ebay for a grand over the going rate. It wasn't just any KK, it was one whose edge over other KK's had been verified by his exceptional ears and those of other extremely gifted listeners. It was teh KKK (King of Klimax Kontrols).

It's got a wooden block on! it must be good!

Heres a tip for all you aspiring hi end cable makers!

1. you must have a wooden block somewhere on the cable, wooden blocks are classy and make the sound organic.

2. You must have undertaken years of research to get to the point where the cable works when plugged into a wall socket.

3, An acronym must be designated to the cable, for example W.A.N.K (weaved atom nano krons).

4. You must name your cable after a mythical creature or god.

5. Always use technical words in the descriptions of the cable, mono flange matrix for example.

best post I have read in a good while!

Are there actually any people in the world with suitable combination of far too much money and too little sense to actually buy this product?

If so I'm in the wrong business and will shortly be marketing my own range of vastly overpriced crap specifically to appeal to these people.

I shall clearly need to pakage it in pseudo science as currently practiced by Morgan Freeman and a few highly respected but clearly broke cosmologists. How much for a Brian Cox official endorsement??

Hmm, I'm thinking for that price, a full on solar panel installation with battery storage and an inverter would be the way to go.

Not only would it sound better it would more than likely also be cheaper too!

advertisement

Back