advertisement

Yamaha as-701 Vs Naim Naits

My problem with Yamaha and many other Japanese gears is that they sometimes make some really good stuff but, on the other hand, they also make some very crappy amps as well so this makes it very difficult to sort for me.
A long time ago, I heard a Kenwood kit with a preamp, power amp and separate power supply and it was awesome.
Unfortunately, they have been producing it a few years only.

I think the opposite. Even their AV range is quietly consistent. The 202 is a really good starter amp as well. The thing is there is not much crap in their range when compress to other big manufacturers.

Thanks for all your inputs.

If I sold my naim nait xs and proac tabelette 2000 speakers then used the funds to buy a cheaper amp from Yamaha (as501) and more expensive speakers from Dynaudio (perhaps excite x14) will the net result be a better sounding system ?

If you need to change the speakers, get the Dynaudio X14 and keep the Naim Nait XS. The Yamaha may not be able to provide grip as well as the Naim but if you prefer a mellower, calm and smoother(or flat) presentation the Yamaha may fit the bill.

In the end it is your ears which will tell you what you would prefer. Perhaps buy used, compare everything in your room and tell us which you would prefer?

advertisement

Back