advertisement

Would you vote for the Soubry/Umunna party?

Local election campaign starts?
Time for another round of smears.

As General Secretary, Jenny Formby has done more to tackle this issue in a year than the Blairite twerp Ian McNicol did in in years.

Stories like this that trash the efforts of her and her team disgust me.

So are the figures in the article not correct? Do they not reveal an issue?

Give over. They should be attacking Trump for recognising Jerusalem as the Israeli capital and the Golan Heights - that's the real reason that the pro-Israel lobby is attacking Corbyn.

In other words look away nothing to see here, oh look Concorde...

The issue here is that of the 950ish complaints made, around 450 are unresolved and about 250 not investigated. Alongside that offences that should have resulted in suspension haven’t. However anti-semitism in the Labour Party isn’t an issue says the supporters of Corbyn. That’s good to know.

The issue here is that of the 950ish complaints made, around 450 are unresolved and about 250 not investigated. Alongside that offences that should have resulted in suspension haven’t. However anti-semitism in the Labour Party isn’t an issue says the supporters of Corbyn. That’s good to know.

Look if anyone's an anti-semite they have no place in the Labour party - I hope anyway, I'm not a member, but the boy who cried wolf is in play here, can you not see that...

The trouble for Hodge and Co is that they have to prove the accusations - they never had to do this in previous witch hunts under Kinnock and Blair

It’s for those appointed by the NEC to prove or disprove the issues. It’s not for the complainant. If you were to complain about my posting on here, it would be for someone else to decide whether I’d breached the AUP. Likewise if I was accused of a criminal act, once the complaint was made, it’s for the police to gather evidence and produce a case. Then a court has to decide.

It seems to me that the reason that Labours persistent issue with anti-semitisim is simply because it does not really want to make it go away. The oh so trite excuses hung out yet again just don’t wash.

It’s for those appointed by the NEC to prove or disprove the issues. It’s not for the complainant. If you were to complain about my posting on here, it would be for someone else to decide whether I’d breached the AUP. Likewise if I was accused of a criminal act, once the complaint was made, it’s for the police to gather evidence and produce a case. Then a court has to decide.

That's nonsense too - there needs to be some proof in support any formal accusation

Look if anyone's an anti-semite they have no place in the Labour party - I hope anyway, I'm not a member, but the boy who cried wolf is in play here, can you not see that...

I agree, I’m an ex-member of many years standing. I can’t support a party that’s so ineffective about this issue. That together with not having a Brexit policy to speak of! It’s not the boy who cried wolf though. Until the party acts against those who behave inappropriately, it will continue to be castigated for anti-semitism.

It needs sorted.

It's hard to see leaking stuff to a Murdoch title as helping much. Likewise embittered ex-members using it to rail against current members, in the same way they use anything else that comes to hand. Seems like that might be counterproductive, as well as being a bit off generally.

They just turn it on and off like a tap, this whole fabricated, so-called anti-Semitism 'scandal'.

Netanyahu is a master of timing.

Figures without context don’t tell us much though. Are these spread over time and it’s an ineffectual response from the party, or are they bunched together like some form of DDOS attack? The way this is playing out, it feels like a campaign, so I’d not be surprised to learn that Labour’s complaints system was overwhelmed. Not a great excuse after all this time, but not the deliberate overlooking of issues it is painted as, if so.

They just turn it on and off like a tap, this whole fabricated, so-called anti-Semitism 'scandal'.

Netanyahu is a master of timing.

I don't believe it has much to do with Israel. It doesn't have to, anyway: Corbyn has more than enough enemies at home. They're using this because it works. And one of the reasons it works, it has to be said, is because there's a fair bit of material to work with.

One thing I'm pretty sure of though is that 90% of those involved in turning it into the number one media story are not acting in good faith and have zero interest in eliminating antisemitism from the Labour Party or anywhere else.

advertisement

Back