advertisement

Would you vote for the Soubry/Umunna party?

No point in splits anywhere at the moment. Some sort of re-alignment is possible later.

Given both Labour and Conservative are so clearly unfit for purpose I’d certainly consider it. Anything that damages the strangle-hold of either is a very good thing IMHO. It will be interesting to see a manifesto anyway.

Given both Labour and Conservative are so clearly unfit for purpose I’d certainly consider it. Anything that damages the strangle-hold of either is a very good thing IMHO. It will be interesting to see a manifesto anyway.

What's wrong with the LibDems these days. You know, those people who were destroying the two party system.

Of course, it would take votes away from the Tories, but I wonder if more Labour voters like Umanna than Tories like Soubry.

No. Far more likely to take votes from Lib Dems and Tories.

Tories are increasingly right wing and LibDems stand for f*ck all worth voting for.

They're still dangerous - look at Macron, what a mess, but people fall for these doe-eyed promises because they want to believe.

What's wrong with the LibDems these days. You know, those people who were destroying the two party system.

Clearly damaged and with poor leadership at present, but that can be said for all the main parties. I’d very much like to see something new in the centre-ground of politics, i.e. leave the Conservatives to popularists such as Rees-Mogg, Gove, Francois etc, leave Labour to the irrelevant Derek Hatton clones currently in charge and build something that actually stands a chance of representing the vast majority of people. If the LDs have any decency they’d merge into whatever new thing may come, not try to compete with it.

The interesting thing if this does come to pass will be who is financing it? Always a huge issue in UK politics. Labour is owned by archaic ‘70s dinosaurs such as Len Mccluskey, the RMT etc, the Conservatives by landed gentry, tax exiles and big business, UKIP a vile alt-right nouvuaeu riche oligarchy. The LDs and Greens always suffered as they lacked the budget to really compete.

Labour was established as the voice of the trades unions in parliament - not that you'd necessarily know it most of the time.

It's just hilarious. None of these people have anything in common beyond their shared narcissistic personality disorder, so you can imagine how it's going to go, even if they manage get over the fairly major problem of not standing for anything whatsoever.

advertisement

Back