advertisement

Would you vote for the Soubry/Umunna party?

What's their stance on the environment?
What do the focus groups say?

Children's strike against climate change polling pretty well today, but there have also been a few Spectator articles against, so...strike a pragmatic compromise, I guess.

It's just hilarious. None of these people have anything in common beyond their shared narcissistic personality disorder, so you can imagine how it's going to go, even if they manage get over the fairly major problem of not standing for anything whatsoever.

Chuka is like a slightly browner version of Blair with even less honesty and integrity. The very worst type of politician.

Clearly damaged and with poor leadership at present, but that can be said for all the main parties. I’d very much like to see something new in the centre-ground of politics, i.e. leave the Conservatives to popularists such as Rees-Mogg, Gove, Francois etc, leave Labour to the irrelevant Derek Hatton clones currently in charge and build something that actually stands a chance of representing the vast majority of people. If the LDs have any decency they’d merge into whatever new thing may come, not try to compete with it.

The interesting thing if this does come to pass will be who is financing it? Always a huge issue in UK politics. Labour is owned by archaic ‘70s dinosaurs such as Len Mccluskey, the RMT etc, the Conservatives by landed gentry, tax exiles and big business, UKIP a vile alt-right nouvuaeu riche oligarchy. The LDs and Greens always suffered as they lacked the budget to really compete.
Presumably, whoever finances the PV campaign will chip in.

What happened to the LoveFilm one anyway? And all the others?

Bit People's Judean Front if you ask me.

What do the focus groups say?

Children's strike against climate change polling pretty well today, but there have also been a few Spectator articles against, so...strike a pragmatic compromise, I guess.

Labour had a simply massive ‘focus group’ at conference. One that agreed a plan including actively supporting a ‘people’s vote’. The duplicitous gammon-leadership then ignored it. As such, yes, I’d take a focus group-driven party as long as they actually heeded the wishes of their core demographic rather than snidely going against it.

The children’s climate protest was excellent. Truly great to see.

How are you going to have a centrist party which includes people of such low moral values that have supported austerity and food banks etc

Politicians ,although we need them, have to work out the consequences of their own stupid ideas.

Just another bunch of opportunists seeing a chance to further themselves.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.
There really isn't.

But I guarantee you'll be seeing a hell of a lot of that nothing in the coming weeks.

It pays to have pals at the BBC and the Guardian.

Labour had a simply massive ‘focus group’ at conference. One that agreed a plan including actively supporting a ‘people’s vote’. The duplicitous gammon-leadership then ignored it. As such, yes, I’d take a focus group-driven party as long as they actually heeded the wishes of their core demographic rather than snidely going against it.

The children’s climate protest was excellent. Truly great to see.
Tell me again about the plan.

Chuka is like a slightly browner version of Blair with even less honesty and integrity. The very worst type of politician.

You’ve forgotten Hilary Benn and Steven Kinnock..
On another note I’m not sure how dependant on the unions labour are for money now they have half a million members (is it? More than all the others parties put together anyway)

I am all-for more Centrism and actual useful dialogue in Politics. Have been for more decades than it has not been happening...

The problem with the specious chat in 'news' highlighted by the OP is that it's happening at a time when politicians should be working really bloody hard at what they were really elected to do - which is listen locally, take that, argue these merits in&around the National interest against their peers& oppos similarly charged, and deliberate the potential outcomes. Seriously worry about them. Seriously deliberate on core matters.

But in fact we have a totally-inept whole Parliament of political appointees who all are totally out-of-their-depth, leaving many on-the-fence on each 'side' looking at each other and thinking 'who do I know? oh../wriggle/not sure/wriggle/how about you...?'

And - that's not a sound basis for a system of Government, to quote Monty Python at least twice. Which means any offspring PFoJudea style party (ies) resultant will be empty vessels also.

If this is truly, per the saying, the kind of government we deserve - then We Are F*cked

Once the dust settles from post brexit and everyone remembers that there are other important issues there will be a big gap in the market for a "new" party.
Old Labour will become a minority party for those that like that sort of thing and the Tories will feel out of date.
If they can get enough traction and offer something for the central majority then it could work.
The risk is they try and become a remain party before brexit and they risk just geting lost in the noise.

I'll vote Green, as I usually do when Labour is either too right wing or messing up.

I agree with Umunna and Soubry's backing of a People's Vote. However he's a Blairite neoliberal and she's a hardline Tory. Their party would be a car crash of bad and outdated ideas.

Labour could have cruised into power, but no longer will.

May will get her deal though, or it will be defeated and she'll scuttle the good-ship Britannia with the mines of a No Deal Brexit.

The bragging Tories will join together in an unseemly spectacle with Labour deserters. They will plant the Union Jack in South Thanet and spray the local crops with Nigel Farage's urine.

The MPs in this new coalition will then look for stray Poles and brown people to sacrifice on the altar of Brexit. JRM will draft in a catholic priest to conduct the service and Caroline Flint will pass around a stolen bottle of Chateau Prole Islingtano.

I"ll be planning to move to Scotland, where it's almost vermin free. There aren't many Tory and Labour MPs up there.

Jack

advertisement

Back